• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You mean, where did they get the number 72 in the first place? I didn't consider it, but really, it's up to Kirk to question it since they are being loaded onto his starship, and he conveniently didn't question anything.

And there was also this:

AUUGGHH!!!! ZOMBIE VAMPIRE TRIBBLE!!! UNDEAD UNCLEAN!!

"The Fluffy Dead" -- the new AMC series.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Big Trek fan here, I grew up with it as did my Dad before me. We all went to the IMAX to see it. Overall, I liked it. It's not as DEEP as the previous Trek franchises were but I can understand they're trying to appeal to a new audience and my attitude is that if these movies reinvigorate interest in the franchise as a whole, I'm all for it.

That being said, I have some thoughts on the 2nd movie

As I said though, I enjoyed it overall, and had no issue with the references to prior Trek movies. I'm hoping they'll introduce the Genesis Probe in the next movie :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
AUUGGHH!!!! ZOMBIE VAMPIRE TRIBBLE!!! UNDEAD UNCLEAN!!

"The Fluffy Dead" -- the new AMC series.

Imagine original Kirk opening the hatch and slowly being nibbled to death in The Trouble With Tribbles.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Imagine original Kirk opening the hatch and slowly being nibbled to death in The Trouble With Tribbles.

...And then he comes back... all hairy and nibbley!

I wish I had my own production/animation studio; I'd do it.

PS. Did someone actually mention the "Genesis probe"?
*cough*

"And in the beginning, there was the rubber glove, and the rubber glove was god, and the rubber glove was with god."

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
PS. Did someone actually mention the "Genesis probe"?
*cough*

"And in the beginning, there was the rubber glove, and the rubber glove was god, and the rubber glove was with god."

Fine, Genesis Device :dry:

You dirty, dirty girl.... :newwink:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You mean like the U.S.S. Enterprise flying into a butt? Hahahaha

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Saw it. Like it.

I'm really, really excited to see what J-dawg does with Star Wars now.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Saw it. Like it.

I'm really, really excited to see what J-dawg does with Star Wars now.

Thanks. Just for that, I'm posting my brief review of the RedLetterMedia review I posted here.

This isn't a spoiler - but geeeez, come on, they called photon torpedoes "missiles" in their review. They need to put out more Plinkett material before they start losing fans.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just liked seeing Spock's ENFP qualities come into conflict with Kirk's ISFJ. That was awesome.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Saw it. Like it.

I just liked seeing Spock's ENFP qualities come into conflict with Kirk's ISFJ. That was awesome.

I liked it when Kirk made cupcakes, and Spock painted the room with rainbows and stars and triumphant unicorns while heckling Kirk's leaving the plastic on the Enterprise upholstery.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, what a spirited discussion. Here's something to consider.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I liked it when Kirk made cupcakes, and Spock painted the room with rainbows and stars and triumphant unicorns while heckling Kirk's leaving the plastic on the Enterprise upholstery.

LOL. In all seriousness, I peg Spock as more of an INTP than an INTJ. He's a Ti dom, not a Ni dom. He's just a 5w6 (which can be very "by the book" at times), not a 5w4. (In other words, I "get" Spock more than I probably should.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[star wars]

Yeah, I really don't have any problems with envisioning a decent Star Wars. Like I've said before, the prequels were so awful dramatically that even a little bit of consistency will make me happy. Standard Abrams fare typically at least has an emotional thru-line, and with Star Wars he'll basically be generating his own characters / not trying to recreate the old ones. He's done decent enough with ST effects, so as long as there's still some incredible jedi action sequences, it should be more than acceptable.

LOL. In all seriousness, I peg Spock as more of an INTP than an INTJ. He's a Ti dom, not a Ni dom. He's just a 5w6 (which can be very "by the book" at times), not a 5w4. (In other words, I "get" Spock more than I probably should.)

yeah, I don't know myself and it's not a big issue to me. He's basically just an emotionally repressed T type in how he's portrayed regardless of era, and I identify with him on that level without having to assign him an actual MBTI type. I actually get him better than Kirk, although I don't consider Kirk difficult to follow -- he's just so darn brash and out there.

93JC

You know, I just had a hard time wondering where the number 72 came from. Isn't that an odd number? Why would a starship need 72 of anything? You think that might have run a bell in someone's head? Especially if they were, well, in the know about Harrison? I'm so confused. I need to watch the movie again, just to get the details right for the background.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I got that point. I think I'm a little unclear as to how the 72 was arranged in the first place, aside from the person you discuss in your comment. I've only seen the movie once, so it's possible i missed a few crucial lines.

93JC

I got that point. I think I'm a little unclear as to how the 72 was arranged in the first place, aside from the person you discuss in your comment. I've only seen the movie once, so it's possible i missed a few crucial lines.

I'm not surprised you don't recall exactly what happened. Frankly I felt the movie was like a bunch of rehashed scenes from "old Trek" tied together with relatively mindless action scenes. I think everybody involved in the production did a great job except the writers. Lindelof, Orci and Kurtzman shouldn't touch this stuff, they're not all that good at it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm not surprised you don't recall exactly what happened. Frankly I felt the movie was like a bunch of rehashed scenes from "old Trek" tied together with relatively mindless action scenes. I think everybody involved in the production did a great job except the writers. Lindelof, Orci and Kurtzman shouldn't touch this stuff, they're not all that good at it.

Now I'm wondering how much of the shit that happened in the last season of LOST was Lindelof's fault. So far he has screwed up Prometheus as well as Star Trek.