• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't want to read this thread yet in case of spoilers, but I am so excited to see this! My sister told me that the writer is the same person who writes "Fringe" which is my favorite show. Yay. I think HilbertSpace will also love it. :bunnyglee:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know what would've been good?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That guy needs to go off the Red Bull Latte speeders.

For some reason, I buy that Amazing Atheist and Jenna Marbles are the type of people they portray themselves to be in their vids; this guy is more a poser.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This douche thinks there is a continuity error between Space Seed and STID.

A continuity error over 40 years time? Real time? And different shows?

Geesh, the effort some people will go to.

Uhhh.... I agree that it's a silly issue -- it's not really central to the story, it's a "casting difference" IMO that you just accept as a part of the actor change, just like you accept that this Carol Marcus has an accent (although her dad doesn't... hilarious).

However if you watch the vid, the guy really didn't put much"effort" in that, he was just pointing it out and didn't seem to really care about it (it was a throwaway criticism made as part of his "shtick"), so I'm not sure why you're making him out to be some anal retentive fanboy. He's not the type of geek you're alluding to. Did you watch the whole clip? He's a lot more surface-oriented/casual, not anal.

His Kirk and Weller impressions were decent enough, the others not as much. he also wasn't really bothered by them cribbing the best moments from WoK, although he commented on Spock's line and how it didn't work as well -- the reality is that it was entirely forced and didn't feel organic, which is WHY it didn't work as well, and then just kind of made a mockery of the power of the original.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm scared of spoilers so I'm wary of looking through this thread.

How are people liking the movie? I'm going to be re-watching the first of the reboot series tonight, most likely. I only saw it once when it first came out and don't remember it that well. Then I will see Into Darkness.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm scared of spoilers so I'm wary of looking through this thread.

How are people liking the movie? I'm going to be re-watching the first of the reboot series tonight, most likely. I only saw it once when it first came out and don't remember it that well. Then I will see Into Darkness.

I think it was worth seeing, but you might or might not appreciate some of the scenes/plot. Too much variance in responses.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think it was worth seeing, but you might or might not appreciate some of the scenes/plot. Too much variance in responses.

Thanks (and thanks for your rep warning).

*leaves thread forever*

E

Epiphany

Just saw it in IMAX. I thought it was great! I'm not a trekkie though so it didn't hurt my fandom sensibilities. I like the old series because it is so campy and makes me laugh. It will be interesting to see what JJ Abrams does with Star Wars.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just saw it in IMAX. I thought it was great! I'm not a trekkie though so it didn't hurt my fandom sensibilities. I like the old series because it is so campy and makes me laugh. It will be interesting to see what JJ Abrams does with Star Wars.

Indeed!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
You know what would've been good?

I have to sorta/kinda agree with you.

If we're going with the classic interpretation of "John Harrison", then absolutely.
No other living actor could properly play this part.
(Trivia: The part was originally offered to Benicio Del Toro).

Silva could have been played by Channing Tatum for all I care. He was the weakest link in Skyfall.

E

Epiphany

Who's the hot girl with the white hair? I only saw her briefly and she stole my heart. :heart:

star-trek-barcode-scanners-3.jpg

Attachments

• star-trek-barcode-scanners-3.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 84

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who's the hot girl with the white hair? I only saw her briefly and she stole my heart. :heart:

Wow, thanks, I must have missed her through all the lens flares. And lens flares. And lens flares........

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if in this alternate timeline, David (Kirk's son) will be born to either the green chick from the last movie or one of the two chicks with the tails in this one?

Doubt it. It's clear the writers are too uncreative.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Going to see this tonight, yay!