User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 147

  1. #21
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Heh. Shatner accused him of over-acting. I love that guy. I want to see him at comic-con this year so badly.
    Oh...the irony. I laughed out loud at that line. Clever commercial.

  2. #22
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Oh...the irony. I laughed out loud at that line.
    Me too! I wish he and the others would do another Star Trek movie with the same spirit shown in this commercial. I'd walk miles to see it. Miles and miles.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Just got back from an IMAX 3D presentation.
    Not as good as Part I. Not even close.

    This series went from "Star Trek for Dummies" to "Michael Bay's Star Trek" in less than a movie. Sad.

    I especially did not like the not-so-subtle nods (in fact, it borders on shameless plagiarism) of another classic Star Trek movie (Note: Not the one with V'Ger or the whales). The only redeeming factor was Benedict Cumberbatch's John Harrison (that was his name, right?) going Hulk Smash on some pesky Klingons in a chaotic set piece (Note: I say "chaotic" because there is no sense of geography, just like a Michael Bay movie). One thing I gotta say about that John Harrison guy: Bro, you've got some serious anger issues. Like, drink some Green Tea and stuff.

    Anyway...

    Of every candidate, Disney chose this JJ Abrams douche to direct Star Wars?
    On release day I suspect I will be at home clipping my toe nails.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Just got back from an IMAX 3D presentation.
    Not as good as Part I. Not even close.

    This series went from "Star Trek for Dummies" to "Michael Bay's Star Trek" in less than a movie. Sad.

    I especially did not like the not-so-subtle nods (in fact, it borders on shameless plagiarism) of another classic Star Trek movie (Note: Not the one with V'Ger or the whales). The only redeeming factor was Benedict Cumberbatch's John Harrison (that was his name, right?) going Hulk Smash on some pesky Klingons in a chaotic set piece (Note: I say "chaotic" because there is no sense of geography, just like a Michael Bay movie). One thing I gotta say about that John Harrison guy: Bro, you've got some serious anger issues. Like, drink some Green Tea and stuff.

    Anyway...

    Of every candidate, Disney chose this JJ Abrams douche to direct Star Wars?
    On release day I suspect I will be at home clipping my toe nails.
    It helps to keep your expectations low so you won't be disappointed. I enjoyed it for the most part because I am a huge fan of the alternate history genre which is the central theme IMO of the new films.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,005

    Default

    I haven't seen this movie yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Just got back from an IMAX 3D presentation.
    Not as good as Part I. Not even close.

    This series went from "Star Trek for Dummies" to "Michael Bay's Star Trek" in less than a movie. Sad.

    I especially did not like the not-so-subtle nods (in fact, it borders on shameless plagiarism) of another classic Star Trek movie (Note: Not the one with V'Ger or the whales).

    That leaves 3 Star Trek movies to guess from. One of those plagiarized The Wrath of Khan. So I'll go with Wrath.


    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    The only redeeming factor was Benedict Cumberbatch's John Harrison (that was his name, right?) going Hulk Smash on some pesky Klingons in a chaotic set piece (Note: I say "chaotic" because there is no sense of geography, just like a Michael Bay movie). One thing I gotta say about that John Harrison guy: Bro, you've got some serious anger issues. Like, drink some Green Tea and stuff.

    Anyway...

    Of every candidate, Disney chose this JJ Abrams douche to direct Star Wars?
    On release day I suspect I will be at home clipping my toe nails.
    Based on this, I won't be seeing the movie. Have a nice day!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    It helps to keep your expectations low so you won't be disappointed. I enjoyed it for the most part because I am a huge fan of the alternate history genre which is the central theme IMO of the new films.
    When it comes to blockbusters, my expectations are about a low as they can get.
    All I ask is to be mildly entertained and not be insulted.

    STID was, for the most part, entertaining.
    But it was very, very, very insulting.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    When it comes to blockbusters, my expectations are about a low as they can get.
    All I ask is to be mildly entertained and not be insulted.

    STID was, for the most part, entertaining.
    But it was very, very, very insulting.
    Well, we can't have THAT!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    No we can't.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Well, we can't have THAT!
    Spongebob, could you write to J.J. Abrams and politely request that he add you to the list of writers and cast. A sponge would fit nicely in the captain's chair and Spongebob has the mouth and sexual appetite to take Kirk's place.

    Plus if your dealings with nefarious foreheaded aliens turn sour and blood is spilled you're perfect for cleaning the seats.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It might be necessary to make a thread about this idea that old Kirk is an ESFP. He had a need for romance, not pleasure for its own sake. Old Kirk was an idealistic ENFJ 3w2.
    Is your new hilariously random man-in-black Spongebob avatar suppost to be an ESFP or an ENFJ?

    To post more on topic, I got kinda confused in the 2009 Star Trek movie with the double old-young Spock scenario and how it split the future in half.

Similar Threads

  1. Type the Star Trek Characters
    By Dark Razor in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 11:02 AM
  2. Star Trek: Into Darkness
    By Totenkindly in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 12:36 AM
  3. Star Trek
    By Oberon in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 06:27 PM
  4. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
    By IXTJ in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 05:21 PM
  5. [NT] Star Trek
    By tinkerbell in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO