MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Saw it. Like it.

I'm really, really excited to see what J-dawg does with Star Wars now.
    Thanks. Just for that, I'm posting my brief review of the RedLetterMedia review I posted here.

This isn't a spoiler - but geeeez, come on, they called photon torpedoes "missiles" in their review. They need to put out more Plinkett material before they start losing fans.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I just liked seeing Spock's ENFP qualities come into conflict with Kirk's ISFJ. That was awesome.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Saw it. Like it.

I just liked seeing Spock's ENFP qualities come into conflict with Kirk's ISFJ. That was awesome.
    I liked it when Kirk made cupcakes, and Spock painted the room with rainbows and stars and triumphant unicorns while heckling Kirk's leaving the plastic on the Enterprise upholstery.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, what a spirited discussion. Here's something to consider.

Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I liked it when Kirk made cupcakes, and Spock painted the room with rainbows and stars and triumphant unicorns while heckling Kirk's leaving the plastic on the Enterprise upholstery.
    LOL. In all seriousness, I peg Spock as more of an INTP than an INTJ. He's a Ti dom, not a Ni dom. He's just a 5w6 (which can be very "by the book" at times), not a 5w4. (In other words, I "get" Spock more than I probably should.)
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

[star wars]
    Yeah, I really don't have any problems with envisioning a decent Star Wars. Like I've said before, the prequels were so awful dramatically that even a little bit of consistency will make me happy. Standard Abrams fare typically at least has an emotional thru-line, and with Star Wars he'll basically be generating his own characters / not trying to recreate the old ones. He's done decent enough with ST effects, so as long as there's still some incredible jedi action sequences, it should be more than acceptable.

LOL. In all seriousness, I peg Spock as more of an INTP than an INTJ. He's a Ti dom, not a Ni dom. He's just a 5w6 (which can be very "by the book" at times), not a 5w4. (In other words, I "get" Spock more than I probably should.)
    yeah, I don't know myself and it's not a big issue to me. He's basically just an emotionally repressed T type in how he's portrayed regardless of era, and I identify with him on that level without having to assign him an actual MBTI type. I actually get him better than Kirk, although I don't consider Kirk difficult to follow -- he's just so darn brash and out there.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

You know, I just had a hard time wondering where the number 72 came from. Isn't that an odd number? Why would a starship need 72 of anything? You think that might have run a bell in someone's head? Especially if they were, well, in the know about Harrison? I'm so confused. I need to watch the movie again, just to get the details right for the background.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I got that point. I think I'm a little unclear as to how the 72 was arranged in the first place, aside from the person you discuss in your comment. I've only seen the movie once, so it's possible i missed a few crucial lines.

I got that point. I think I'm a little unclear as to how the 72 was arranged in the first place, aside from the person you discuss in your comment. I've only seen the movie once, so it's possible i missed a few crucial lines.

I'm not surprised you don't recall exactly what happened. Frankly I felt the movie was like a bunch of rehashed scenes from "old Trek" tied together with relatively mindless action scenes. I think everybody involved in the production did a great job except the writers. Lindelof, Orci and Kurtzman shouldn't touch this stuff, they're not all that good at it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

I'm not surprised you don't recall exactly what happened. Frankly I felt the movie was like a bunch of rehashed scenes from "old Trek" tied together with relatively mindless action scenes. I think everybody involved in the production did a great job except the writers. Lindelof, Orci and Kurtzman shouldn't touch this stuff, they're not all that good at it.
    Now I'm wondering how much of the shit that happened in the last season of LOST was Lindelof's fault. So far he has screwed up Prometheus as well as Star Trek.