• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Guy Has Some Good Ideas About Star Wars Episode I

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At times I've been one to attempt a re-write of some bad stories, such as The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (Stephen R. Donaldson). But Star Wars Episode I seems too messy to do a proper clean-up. Sure, get rid of useless Jar-Jar, but that's hindsight. And the few 5-year-old kids who watch this incomprehensible movie simply for Jar-Jar (you know you're out there!) don't matter anyway. Actually, there are quite a few good ways to clean up this movie's plot-line that should have been noticed before it ever went to celluloid.

Lark

Have you ever played the Star Wars Episode 1 video games?

I played the ones available on the playstation 2 and I actually think I liked them a lot better that the film itself, the content of the movies is covered and more but its all done in a manner which is superior to the feature and probably more in keeping with the Star Wars canon.

The thing about the prequels which I personally, as a star wars fan, hated was that they felt like a huge departure from the existing and earlier series, when you think about that that's massive because there were a ton of branches of that franchise and elaborations, ie the cartoons droids, ewoks, the comics, the books franchise which carried on the adventures of the jedi, the republic, the remanents of empire, they even had to unit for a bit against a greater threat but none of it felt like a reinvention or departure like the prequels.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Have you ever played the Star Wars Episode 1 video games?

I played the ones available on the playstation 2 and I actually think I liked them a lot better that the film itself, the content of the movies is covered and more but its all done in a manner which is superior to the feature and probably more in keeping with the Star Wars canon.

The thing about the prequels which I personally, as a star wars fan, hated was that they felt like a huge departure from the existing and earlier series, when you think about that that's massive because there were a ton of branches of that franchise and elaborations, ie the cartoons droids, ewoks, the comics, the books franchise which carried on the adventures of the jedi, the republic, the remanents of empire, they even had to unit for a bit against a greater threat but none of it felt like a reinvention or departure like the prequels.

Yeah I was hoping it would go deeper, emotionally, into the childhood of anakin, etc. But the majority of the movie I was feeling "who cares?" I think episode 3 was the best of the prequels but still utterly forgettable.

Lark

Yeah I was hoping it would go deeper, emotionally, into the childhood of anakin, etc. But the majority of the movie I was feeling "who cares?" I think episode 3 was the best of the prequels but still utterly forgettable.

The infantilism had already begun with the historical revisionism in relation to Han and shooting Greedo and that I think was the biggest failing, star wars was about an incomplete picture and mess of contradictions in many ways, the whole Luke kissing Laya thing reflected their lack of expectations of sequels let alone prequels, so long as there were good guys, bad guys and heroics it would've been fine.