• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2013 NHL Playoffs

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's Cup time!

I think it's been a very interesting year, shortened season aside...

Your predictions? Favorite team, favorite players? Other teams you love? Teams you love to hate? Talk about 'em here, hockey fans.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blackhawks all the way!

I hate that the title of the video just has to point out that she's a female sports reporter, not a plain ol' regular sports reporter, but that's a different topic to be attacked another time.

Anyway. Go 'Hawks!!! In tremendous amounts.

E

Epiphany

I hate that the title of the video just has to point out that she's a female sports reporter, not a plain ol' regular sports reporter, but that's a different topic to be attacked another time.

^ She's not a sports reporter anymore. Not for CSN, anyway. They canned her.

MBTI Type
INTJ
When my team doesn't make the playoffs, I mostly have teams that I want to lose, not teams I want to win. This year I absolutely do NOT want the Bruins, Penguins or Rangers to win.

If I had a rooting interest, it would probably be for the Islanders since it's been a while for them, and the Canucks because they've been so close for so long.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ She's not a sports reporter anymore. Not for CSN, anyway. They canned her.

I know, although I've heard that this allegedly had less to do with her slip (which seemed like an honest mistake, and one from which she recovered fairly well) and more to do with some arguably unprofessional content from her past. Not sure, though. I haven't really looked into it.

Anyway, I had to complain about the qualifier; a female sports reporter is still just a sports reporter. Not at all trying to stir up even more gender wars here, it just...you know, it bothers me.

When my team doesn't make the playoffs, I mostly have teams that I want to lose, not teams I want to win. This year I absolutely do NOT want the Bruins, Penguins or Rangers to win.

If I had a rooting interest, it would probably be for the Islanders since it's been a while for them, and the Canucks because they've been so close for so long.

The Islanders have put up a good fight. Everyone's expecting the Pens to take the Eastern Conference, but they're not getting the easiest run of it so far. After that first game, I thought they might sweep, but...hey, it's been pleasantly interesting.

I'm trying to recall from last year's thread - is Philadelphia your team?

93JC

XKb4YoD.png

lolololol

My office's NHL playoff pool. I wasn't going to participate but the night of the draft my boss twisted my arm. I had done no preparation at all and showed up to the draft with a pen and piece of looseleaf.

I'm screwed if the Bruins get knocked out though. :ninja:

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My office's NHL playoff pool. I wasn't going to participate but the night of the draft my boss twisted my arm. I had done no preparation at all and showed up to the draft with a pen and piece of looseleaf.

I'm screwed if the Bruins get knocked out though. :ninja:

Hahaha, that was me and the March Madness bracket with my coworkers. I really wasn't going to chip in, but I did at the last minute and held on for third place, still won a cut of the cash. At least I finished higher than the other members of the sports department.

:cheers:
[MENTION=9807]Moniker[/MENTION] - Coach Q!!! That's an awesome GIF, love it.

I kinda like the pain and horror on Babcock's face, too...and I hope to see that expression a lot in the near future. Blackhawks skated like themselves tonight, Tazer finally busted his goal drought, and it was a solid win. I think if the 'Hawks can persevere and take Game 6, they'll have a pretty good chance at taking the series, too. But first things first.

I believe in you, Chicago. :happy2:

E

Epiphany

Ha! This made me laugh.

133868150-copy.jpg

(CBS) Before the start of the Western Conference Finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings, mayor Rahm Emanuel posted a letter on his Facebook page to Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that while all men and women are created equal, all hockey teams are not, and that the Chicago Blackhawks are endowed with certain unalienable skills; that among these are outstanding defensive play, crisp passing, sharp shooting, tremendous goalkeeping, an intensity that is rivaled in neither the East nor the West, masterful coaching and a rightful place as the 2013 NHL Western Conference Champions (and ultimately 2013 Stanley Cup Champions),” Emanuel wrote.

Emanuel proceeded to bet Villaraigosa the following if the Kings could defeat the Blackhawks in the best-of-seven series:

• 25 Italian beef sandwiches from Al’s Italian Beef
• 3 Cases of Goose Island’s 312 Lager beer
• One case of Robinson’s Ribs Barbecue Sauce, containing the flavors Original, Brown Sugar and Hot.
• 25 Slices of Eli’s Cheesecake — a “hat trick” of Original, Strawberry, and Chocolate Chip flavors.
• One copy of The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration, for you to read in your forthcoming retirement.

On Monday, Mayor Villaraigosa responded, raising the stakes.

“I was recently surprised to learn that Chicago has a professional ice hockey team,” Villaraigosa wrote. “Who knew? Has this team been in Chicago long? Do they practice out on Lake Michigan when it freezes over in those famously cold and windy winters of yours?

“Since I appreciated your gesture so much, I wanted to reciprocate. So in the extremely unlikely case that the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL champions, were to lose to the other team — I really wish I could remember the name of the team the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL Champions, are playing – I will send you the following:
•9 #19 Pastrami Sandwiches from Langer’s Deli
•9 French Dip Sandwiches from Phillipe the Original
•For the sandwiches, one case of Morehouse Mustard, the official mustard of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Speaking of baseball, when was the last time the Cubs were in the World Series?
•One case of beer each from our very own Golden Road and Eagle Rock Breweries.
•3 Hollenbeck Burritos from El Tepeyac Cafe, weighing in at five pounds each.
•12 bottles of Sriracha Chili Suace
•And to ensure that you maintain your newfound inner peace, one copy of YogaWorks for Everybody DVD.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
hmmm, a yoga video? That explains a lot about their series so far! :rofl1: I know I'm in the minority here but as a Bruins fan, I am LOVING that series so far!!!

E

Epiphany

^ Ha! Indeed, it does.

It's interesting how the remaining four teams are the last four teams that won the Stanley Cup. It's the tournament of champions. I wonder if that has ever happened before in the conference finals.

Ponyboy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
It's interesting how the remaining four teams are the last four teams that won the Stanley Cup. It's the tournament of champions. I wonder if that has ever happened before in the conference finals.

I do think that's pretty cool and I'm surprised I haven't heard that beaten to death on TV. Although I don't have full cable anymore so maybe that's why I missed it.
Go B's! :D

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For you, [MENTION=8697]Ponyboy[/MENTION].

tumblr_mnum7uUlfh1raloeqo1_1280.jpg

Saw that someone had made this after tonight's game. :D

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest I haven't kept up very well this year :(...I love the Rangers...as long as they do better than the devils that's all I care about lol.

Ponyboy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
For you, [MENTION=8697]Ponyboy[/MENTION].

tumblr_mnum7uUlfh1raloeqo1_1280.jpg

Saw that someone had made this after tonight's game. :D

Love it! While I am thrilled with the series so far (and knew they COULD win), I would be lying if I said I knew it would be like it has been. B's have been more focused than I can remember and the Pen's have been atrocious pretty much all around. Especially at Goalie.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Texas sort of gets the short end of the hockey sticks.. I love going to the local games (sadly being canned after this year) and our city always toyed with the idea of getting an NHL team, but never quite got there.

Watching it on TV just isn't the same, and I know too few people that watch it to go hang out with them and watch the games. (Also: unrelated, Im scared to watch a football game in person for the same reason. Watching it on TV is so economical..)