Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

Epiphany

Ha! This made me laugh.

(CBS) Before the start of the Western Conference Finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings, mayor Rahm Emanuel posted a letter on his Facebook page to Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that while all men and women are created equal, all hockey teams are not, and that the Chicago Blackhawks are endowed with certain unalienable skills; that among these are outstanding defensive play, crisp passing, sharp shooting, tremendous goalkeeping, an intensity that is rivaled in neither the East nor the West, masterful coaching and a rightful place as the 2013 NHL Western Conference Champions (and ultimately 2013 Stanley Cup Champions),” Emanuel wrote.

Emanuel proceeded to bet Villaraigosa the following if the Kings could defeat the Blackhawks in the best-of-seven series:

• 25 Italian beef sandwiches from Al’s Italian Beef
    • 3 Cases of Goose Island’s 312 Lager beer
    • One case of Robinson’s Ribs Barbecue Sauce, containing the flavors Original, Brown Sugar and Hot.
    • 25 Slices of Eli’s Cheesecake — a “hat trick” of Original, Strawberry, and Chocolate Chip flavors.
    • One copy of The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration, for you to read in your forthcoming retirement.

On Monday, Mayor Villaraigosa responded, raising the stakes.

“I was recently surprised to learn that Chicago has a professional ice hockey team,” Villaraigosa wrote. “Who knew? Has this team been in Chicago long? Do they practice out on Lake Michigan when it freezes over in those famously cold and windy winters of yours?

“Since I appreciated your gesture so much, I wanted to reciprocate. So in the extremely unlikely case that the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL champions, were to lose to the other team — I really wish I could remember the name of the team the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL Champions, are playing – I will send you the following:
    •9 #19 Pastrami Sandwiches from Langer’s Deli
    •9 French Dip Sandwiches from Phillipe the Original
    •For the sandwiches, one case of Morehouse Mustard, the official mustard of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Speaking of baseball, when was the last time the Cubs were in the World Series?
    •One case of beer each from our very own Golden Road and Eagle Rock Breweries.
    •3 Hollenbeck Burritos from El Tepeyac Cafe, weighing in at five pounds each.
    •12 bottles of Sriracha Chili Suace
    •And to ensure that you maintain your newfound inner peace, one copy of YogaWorks for Everybody DVD.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

hmmm, a yoga video? That explains a lot about their series so far! I know I'm in the minority here but as a Bruins fan, I am LOVING that series so far!!!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Epiphany

^ Ha! Indeed, it does.

It's interesting how the remaining four teams are the last four teams that won the Stanley Cup. It's the tournament of champions. I wonder if that has ever happened before in the conference finals.

Not since the "Original Six" era.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    It's interesting how the remaining four teams are the last four teams that won the Stanley Cup. It's the tournament of champions. I wonder if that has ever happened before in the conference finals.
    I do think that's pretty cool and I'm surprised I haven't heard that beaten to death on TV. Although I don't have full cable anymore so maybe that's why I missed it.
    Go B's!

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

For you, @Ponyboy.

Saw that someone had made this after tonight's game.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

To be honest I haven't kept up very well this year ...I love the Rangers...as long as they do better than the devils that's all I care about lol.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    For you, @Ponyboy.

Saw that someone had made this after tonight's game.
    Love it! While I am thrilled with the series so far (and knew they COULD win), I would be lying if I said I knew it would be like it has been. B's have been more focused than I can remember and the Pen's have been atrocious pretty much all around. Especially at Goalie.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Texas sort of gets the short end of the hockey sticks.. I love going to the local games (sadly being canned after this year) and our city always toyed with the idea of getting an NHL team, but never quite got there.

Watching it on TV just isn't the same, and I know too few people that watch it to go hang out with them and watch the games. (Also: unrelated, Im scared to watch a football game in person for the same reason. Watching it on TV is so economical..)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge