• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tozgGA6Jk3E&feature=related"]Porcupine Tree - Neural Rust[/YOUTUBE]

Man, I love this track.

Kanamori

YouTube - Hernan Cataneo - Free Mono Culture wWw.NhacDJ.cOm

YouTube - EDM - Arcadia

Finished with midterms, been getting drunk for a few days, and Empire: Total War just came out.:violin:
2004091721915834236_rs.jpg

Last edited:

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
[YOUTUBE="eKYXcCuozAM"]Hraun - Ghostbusters Theme[/YOUTUBE]

Hraun, hell yes. Many thanks to the Iceland Airwaves music festival.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My new favorite ear candy, Kutiman's "Thru-You" which is now back online and also up at Youtube. It's mixed from a bunch of different Youtube videos of people playing their instrument or singing, combined to make a new (awesome) sound. This is something I have always been attracted to: using art that has already been produced to make an entirely new kind of meta-art. It's like musical collage or something, although more cohesive. Reminds me of a cross between Dangermouse and Lasse Gjertsen.

[youtube="AzZi-btc8AA"]The Mother Of All Funk Chords[/youtube]

[youtube="-ya1IxgCMWw"]This Is What It Became[/youtube]

[youtube="xZiuyB1Gq1k"]Just A Lady[/youtube]

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
IVY. That stuff is so cool! I really love the first and third ones, especially. I love how he edits the video so as to build excitement and momentum, or sort of a haunting, sad quality respectively.

Loved the buildup to the theramin in the first one, too.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
[youtube=Z7iRBhwizKI]zero 7 - i have seen[/youtube]

[youtube=DQA1d0QQvf8]pendulum - granite[/youtube]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
IVY. That stuff is so cool! I really love the first and third ones, especially. I love how he edits the video so as to build excitement and momentum, or sort of a haunting, sad quality respectively.

Loved the buildup to the theramin in the first one, too.

Aren't they great? I especially love how he uses the individual horns (including the kid playing his scales) to make that syncopated horn accent. And the theremins (two of 'em, right? the trucker hat guy and the other guy in the museum?) just tickle me.

There are several more, I just listed my three favorites. I think they're all back up at THRU YOU | Kutiman mixes YouTube and if not they're all on youtube.

I also bought Kutiman's real album (just straight-up funk with actual instruments, most of them played by him actually) and it's also very good, but I have a bit of a weakness for that kind of sampled stuff.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cinnamon Girl - Type O Negative

Only Make Believe - the Misfits