• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I love this song which is good because it's been stuck in my head for days now.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYOAslBbURI"]The Professor and La Fille Danse [/YOUTUBE]

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
This guy makes it look so easy. It's not the best performance ever, but starting at 2:25...wow.

[YOUTUBE="3wHq7EJa0ew"]Metamorphosis IV[/YOUTUBE]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
is that a Philip Glass piece?

edit: nvm, I followed the link to youtube. I've always loved Glass.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[YOUTUBE="FKLQr51WsTM"]The Black Keys - Have Love, Will Travel[/YOUTUBE]

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Fine, Sweetheart mine.

Listening to my husband watching "Shawshank Redemption" and humming along to, "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" :smile:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Until recently, I've never been exposed to Dream Theater enough to form an opinion of them. However, the little bit of recent exposure has all been positive (including this song/video), and it's causing a spark of interest in checking out their albums. What is their best album according to you and what is their best album according to the general fan base?

Kanamori

Until recently, I've never been exposed to Dream Theater enough to form an opinion of them. However, the little bit of recent exposure has all been positive (including this song/video), and it's causing a spark of interest in checking out their albums. What is their best album according to you and what is their best album according to the general fan base?

My favorites now are Scenes From a Memory and Systematic Chaos. About fans, I'm not sure. The fans I know though agree with those two, and put Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence and Train of Thought up there too. The Brotherhood have a couple Dream Theater droolers in their ranks, I think.
Anyway my favorite songs are:

YouTube - DREAM THEATER - Forsaken
YouTube - Dream Theater- "The Glass Prison" (HD) Part 1
YouTube - glass prison part2
YouTube - Dream Theater - Stream Of Consciousness (instrumental)
YouTube - Dream Theater - Overture 1928 / Strange Deja Vu (Live 2000)
YouTube - Dream Theater: Beyond This Life
YouTube - DREAM THEATER - Home
and
YouTube - Dream Theater - Octavarium (Part 1)
YouTube - Dream Theater - Octavarium (Part 2)
YouTube - Dream Theater - Octavarium (Part 3)

Searching in this thread would probably give a pretty good list too, I forgot to add YouTube - Dream Theater - 6DOIT - Overture