• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this rendition is just beautiful, lump in throat emotional

93JC

One of these nights...

Glenn Frey of The Eagles died today. He was 67.

We had Don Henley's voice, which allowed us to go in a more soulful direction, which made me exceedingly happy. There's no doubt in my mind that One Of These Nights was the most fluid and "painless" album we ever made. A lot of things came together on One Of These Nights – our love of the studio, the dramatic improvement in Don's and my songwriting. We made a quantum leap with "One Of These Nights." It was a breakthrough song. It is my favorite Eagles record. If I ever had to pick one, it wouldn't be "Hotel California"; it wouldn't be "Take It Easy." For me, it would be "One Of These Nights".

John Bradbury, Lemmy Kilmister, Natalie Cole, David Bowie, Glenn Frey: been a shitty month or so when it comes to this sort of thing...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Been listening to this on repeat for days. It's imperfect -- way too produced in my opinion -- but I am still obsessed with it. Started learning it on mandolin the same day I heard it for the first time.

Current goal: Learn it through the first verse/chorus at full tempo (120 bpm) and sing/play it in one of those music showcase threads.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rediscovered my favorite song from when I was 8 years old:

Surprised by how well it's aged tbh. I wonder if the rest of the album is any good.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Right now, I am listening to Lost by KT Tunstall.

A song I have been obsessing over is U2's Beautiful Day.