• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That high school thread drug up too many memories. Many better left "forgotten".

"The Mind is A Terrible Thing to Taste" will always be one of my favorite album titles though.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Saudi Arabian black metal

Meet the Saudi Arabian Black Metal Band That's Breaking Saudi Law By Being a Black Metal Band | VICE | United States

Meet the Saudi Arabian Black Metal Band That's Breaking Saudi Law By Being a Black Metal Band

April 21, 2015

By Nick Chester

Black metal bands have never been keen on religion. However, in parts of the world where religion can actually be oppressive, bands inspired by Bathory and Mayhem and Burzum are few and far between.

That's presumably because it's a lot easier to be in an anti-Christian metal band in the US, than in an anti-Islamic metal band in Saudi Arabia. In America, your obstacles extend to overhearing your mom tell a friend you're just "going through a phase." In Saudi Arabia, you face social ostracism and the possibility of imprisonment or death.

With that in mind, you've got to give it to Saudi Arabia's only black metal band, Al-Namrood, whose lyrics include all sorts of things that could get them executed. I got in touch with guitarist and bassist Mephisto for a chat.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This album is so full of memories.

I-Like-It-Another-Thor-Reaction-Gif.gif