• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finally listening to the audiobook version of World War Z. I've had it awhile now, was saving it for a road trip. Just started. I'm having difficulty enjoying it (& it's not just the ADHD, ha). Extremely picky about listening to other people read- I much prefer to actually read the book itself, but I need some entertainment while I get things done. Some of this is fucking embarrassing to hear, though. I'm honestly not trying to be insulting. If this is considered "decent," or "good," in the voice acting field, well, shit. I'll be a star. I'm almost encouraged, in that regard. It's a mixed bag (so far; I only just started). Some of the actors are pretty engaging.. others.. I've heard meatheads in high school read aloud with more.. personality (good on them for landing the sweet job, though).

:: edit :: Still listening. It's picked up. Wide variety. Glad I stuck it out. Nothing epic, per se, but it's getting good. The readers as well as the content.

Last edited:

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Dream On - Aerosmith

ibdakZZswdrWEE.jpg

This photo was just colorized to be given as a gift to the woman in the photo. It was taken in 1948, and her late husband (also in the pic) has been dead for 10 years.

When I worked as an EMT, the most powerful thing I saw was a photo above an elderly patient's bed. It was of him standing next to a plane (he was a pilot) with a young lady. But here he was, an old man lying in a hospice bed. He told me he wanted to die. It hit home that we're all here for a short time, and our hopes and our dreams must be cherished while we have them.

Dream on.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
trying to sing along with David Bowie's Space Oddity... can't hit all of the notes :laugh:

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5

Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
heh, I understand this too well. on my improvement list...