• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

heart

heart on fire
D'Train--- You are the one for me (1985)

The ulimtate Electro-funk track! :D

Description:In 1985, Paul Hardcastle released a remixed version of James D-Train William's 1982 track "You're The One For Me". In the same year, Hardcastle & Williams did this great performance at Top Of The Pops

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tomorrow - "My White Bicycle"

cheers,
Ian

heart

heart on fire
Paul Hardcastle ---- Nineteen

In 1965 Vietnam seemed like just another foreign war,
but it wasn't.
It was different in many ways, as so were those that did the fighting.
In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was 26...
In Vietnam he was 19...

nemo

Enneagram
<3
What do you think of Verse?

To my untrained ears with regards to Hardcore/Punk music, they sound surprisingly melodic to me. Usually I find Hardcore kind of overwhelming (in a good way), but the songs on their myspace seemed kind of tame.

But then again, the only Hardcore I'm ever exposed to is when I stumble along with one of my friends to a show in Seattle or Vancouver (Akimbo, Botch, etc. are popular here). I'm not sure if the Pacific NW scene is just different, or if the live music is just more intense and non-melodic, lol.

But I could definitely see myself listening to them, if I was in the mood.

I generally listen to very little of that kind of music, but I do have a thing for Jazzcore and bands like Nomeansno, Painkiller, and The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower (Dissertation, Honey is an amazing f'king album -- download it, now).

Dissertation, Honey – The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower – Listen free at Last.fm

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
To my untrained ears with regards to Hardcore/Punk music, they sound surprisingly melodic to me. Usually I find Hardcore kind of overwhelming (in a good way), but the songs on their myspace seemed kind of tame.

But then again, the only Hardcore I'm ever exposed to is when I stumble along with one of my friends to a show in Seattle or Vancouver (Akimbo, Botch, etc. are popular here). I'm not sure if the Pacific NW scene is just different, or if the live music is just more intense and non-melodic, lol.

But I could definitely see myself listening to them, if I was in the mood.

I generally listen to very little of that kind of music, but I do have a thing for Jazzcore and bands like Nomeansno, Painkiller, and The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower (Dissertation, Honey is an amazing f'king album -- download it, now).

Dissertation, Honey – The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower – Listen free at Last.fm
Cool! Verse is very melodic. That's my favorite style of hardcore. There are some pretty reputable melodic hardcore bands in the Pacific Northwest - Blue Monday, Champion (probably being the most popular), Go It Alone, Betrayed, Sinking Ships, Shook ones and I know there's more. All the same style of hardcore. You have probably just been exposed to heavier and more metal influenced hardcore. All variations exist.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
As for jazzcore... Have you listened to old Candiria? You should try to check their albums out. Not enough on these myspaces really.

here

and here

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I haven't. But they sound extremely interesting. Is there anything in particular that you'd recommend by them?

Well, the only album I ever bought (which is all I've payed attention to) is "What Doesn't Kill You." but I've known other people that were into this band and they recommended their stuff previous to the album. I guess it was more jazzy and experimental. "What Doesn't Kill You" is more listener friendly, technical metalcore. Still impressive though. Here's a music video for a song from WDKY (sorry it doesn't really display their jazzyness but still a catchy song nonetheless):
YouTube - Candiria - Blood

Their drummer kicks ass!