User Tag List

Page 752 of 2088 FirstFirst ... 25265270274275075175275375476280285212521752 ... LastLast
Results 7,511 to 7,520 of 20877

Thread: What are you listening to?

  1. #7511
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wVLF1lE37k"]Jeff Buckley - Vancouver[/YOUTUBE]


  2. #7512

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="e2kTBajYIJo"]Nat Monday - Waiting (Jay Welsh Black Ice Remix) [/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="2KIKCR19Bpw"]Nat Monday & Jay Welsh-Waiting (Ambient Mix) [/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="wFG5wnDYtaI"]Roland Klinkenberg - Inner Laugh (James Holden Remix) [/YOUTUBE]

  3. #7513
    Senior Member Array Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    One of my favorite dubstep tunes at the moment

    [YOUTUBE="at9s4z18GTM"]CRISSY CRISS - KICK SNARE[/YOUTUBE]
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  4. #7514
    Senior Member Array Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Eli-yaQUY"]Gojira, best progressive death ever[/YOUTUBE]

  5. #7515
    Occasional Member Array Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Eli-yaQUY"]Gojira, best progressive death ever[/YOUTUBE]
    Better than Opeth?????

    No way.

    I don't know them, though, so it's possible you're right.

    Edit: that kinda sounded like Prison Song by SOAD.

  6. #7516
    Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3RabBGkBw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3RabBGkBw[/YOUTUBE]
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  7. #7517
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Oldies. Goodies.

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZWEEm6xZvU"]Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man[/YOUTUBE]

  8. #7518
    Senior Member Array Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Better than Opeth?????

    No way.

    I don't know them, though, so it's possible you're right.

    Edit: that kinda sounded like Prison Song by SOAD.
    Logically I should be a big fan of Opeth's. I do love some of their instrumentals. But it depresses me for the most part. While I'm a big fan of Mikael's melodic voice...the growling...much like in most other metal bands that use growling, doesn't do it for me. It's like they have all the ingredients to be a band I'd love...but they use it in an way that doesn't appeal to me.

    Gojira is one of the few death metal bands where I can actually tolerate the growling for extended periods and can find it beautiful. It's also to do with the lyrics. They are all about love and peace and ecological and quasi-spiritual themes...it's anger but not filled with hate. Their idealists looking at the world and criticizing what is wrong and describing the beauty they do see. Kinda jives with my ENFP 8w7.

    Check their "the way of all flesh" album. I have yet to find anyone who doesn't like it. Unless they don't like death from the get go.

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXfdRLPA9is&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

  9. #7519
    FRACTALICIOUS Array phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,225

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBe981qcOiY"][/YOUTUBE]

  10. #7520
    Occasional Member Array Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Logically I should be a big fan of Opeth's. I do love some of their instrumentals. But it depresses me for the most part. While I'm a big fan of Mikael's melodic voice...the growling...much like in most other metal bands that use growling, doesn't do it for me. It's like they have all the ingredients to be a band I'd love...but they use it in an way that doesn't appeal to me.

    Gojira is one of the few death metal bands where I can actually tolerate the growling for extended periods and can find it beautiful. It's also to do with the lyrics. They are all about love and peace and ecological and quasi-spiritual themes...it's anger but not filled with hate. Their idealists looking at the world and criticizing what is wrong and describing the beauty they do see. Kinda jives with my ENFP 8w7.

    Check their "the way of all flesh" album. I have yet to find anyone who doesn't like it. Unless they don't like death from the get go.
    Okay; I'm listening through that album (pretty cool so far, but I probably need 4-5 album listens before really knowing what I think).

    You should listen to Ghost Rev. 4-5 more times too. It's just....well....the best. (Also, there is no hate-filled anything with Opeth; they don't seem to take themselves seriously at all.)

Similar Threads

  1. [Si] Si when listening to New Music
    By IZthe411 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2015, 11:52 PM
  2. What Are You Listening To v. No YouTube
    By disregard in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2014, 06:09 PM
  3. NTs and listening to metal
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 05:57 AM
  4. Listening Blocks:
    By ThatGirl in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
  5. Selective Listening
    By Ginkgo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 10:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO