• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently came across this song and kinda dig it. :D I like funk rock quite a bit. The video is fun too.

Pinker85

Decompressing by listening to Mozart's Requiem, oh yes, the musical equivalent of death throes is how I decompress. It's pretty much being taken on a musical journey of the months leading up to dying. I at least think I hear what it might have felt like to be nearing death, there are just so many complex emotions in the piece ... there's one part that sounds like resolution mixed with fear mixed with a sort of peace and jubilation then suddenly the feelings change to all these complex feelings, regret mixed with guilt mixed with nostalgia, then this exaltation, it just goes through so much in like five minutes and evolves. It's a rollercoaster for two hours, so much happening. It's so beautiful. As someone with interest in Jesus, it's for me an exploration of birth and death in particular, Jesus birth and death, the believers birth and death, the meaning of joy -- the birth of Jesus. Christmas, joy, everything that Christmas hints at in our modern world ... everything pointing to the joy of Jesus, all the stars in the sky, universe, the soul. There's no space now days for joy, the exaltation of joy, the beyond, the expansive mystery, to dream of and long for heaven, it's an odd thing to think about. When I listen to music like this, it reminds me to dream of heaven -- lifts my soul in a way I long for more than what is earthly.

C.S. Lewis defines joy as: Joy is distinct not only from pleasure in general but even from aesthetic pleasure. It must have the stab, the pang, the inconsolable longing.

Pinker85

Sometimes when I listen to music like this, I'll imagine all of humanity continually crying out to God ... in everything a continual conversation with God, in everything it all points to God, even in rebellion it is God that people rebel against ... everything goes back to God. It's like seeing this massive light and it's all powerful, God.