User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Default Jurassic Park back on the big screen...

...I bought it on blu-ray and stayed in tonight.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    ...I bought it on blu-ray and stayed in tonight.
    I just left the theater. Brings back memories. It's time for a new JP video game.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    I just left the theater. Brings back memories. It's time for a new JP video game.
    It was awesome, the dinosaurs were bigger and better than ever. I teared up when they first see the brachiosaurs, it was magnificent; and I scrambled back in my seat when that velociraptor tried to jump after the girl through the hole in the ceiling. I also love triceratops and am glad they included a scene with one; the actors did a great job providing passionate responses to this critters, which made it seem like I was there with them.

They did a really decent job with the 3D, I thought.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Symphony of Science - The World of the Dinosaurs

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It was awesome, the dinosaurs were bigger and better than ever. I teared up when they first see the brachiosaurs, it was magnificent; and I scrambled back in my seat when that velociraptor tried to jump after the girl through the hole in the ceiling. I also love triceratops and am glad they included a scene with one; the actors did a great job providing passionate responses to this critters, which made it seem like I was there with them.

They did a really decent job with the 3D, I thought.
    Yes, the 3D was amazing! I am a man so I'm incapable of crying, but if I weren't and felt compelled to shed a tear, it would be at the end when the T-Rex is roaring and the banner falls down which reads: "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth." Or when the helicopter is flying away during the theme song.

Damn you, Spielberg!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Sadly, I chose to see Evil Dead this weekend.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yes, the 3D was amazing! I am a man so I'm incapable of crying, but if I weren't and felt compelled to shed a tear, it would be at the end when the T-Rex is roaring and the banner falls down which reads: "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth." Or when the helicopter is flying away during the theme song.

Damn you, Spielberg!
    I just finished watching it and uh...no emotional response, really. First time I've seen it in over 10 years.

I don't know--maybe I just don't have it anymore but the magic was completely gone for me. I was hoping for some nostalgia to kick in or to feel like I was struggling with puberty again or something. Nothing. In fact, I ended up researching raptors on wikipedia (turns out they had feathers--no joke).

Either way, it was pretty cool when the T-Rex ate the Jeep, I guess. I don't know.

*shrugs*

Epiphany

I just finished watching it and uh...no emotional response, really. First time I've seen it in over 10 years.

I don't know--maybe I just don't have it anymore but the magic was completely gone for me. I was hoping for some nostalgia to kick in or I'd feel like I was struggling with puberty again or something. Nothing.

It was cool when the T-Rex ate the Jeep, I guess. I don't know.

*shrugs*
    I didn't have an emotional reaction either. I did get choked up watching it as a youth though; not gonna lie.

The 3D aspect was fun, but I've seen that movie way too many times for any novelty to affect me. I nearly quoted the whole film in my head.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I didn't have an emotional reaction either. But I did get choked up watching it as a youth; not gonna lie.

The 3D aspect was fun, but I've seen that movie way too many times for any novelty to affect me. I nearly quoted the whole film in my head.
    I hate 3D. That crap disorients me for hours.
    And I'm kinda selfish--I'm not sharing a theater with other people.

If they re-release Jaws in 3D, I may consider seeing that.
    Maybe Independence Day, too. Never can have enough Goldblum.

Epiphany

I hate 3D. That crap disorients me for hours.
    And I'm kinda selfish--I'm not sharing a theater with other people.

If they re-release Jaws in 3D, I may consider seeing that.
    Maybe Independence Day, too. Never can have enough Goldblum.
    I'd have to pass on Independence Day, though Goldblum did have the most interesting character in Jurassic Park, aside from the velociraptors.