• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jurassic Park back on the big screen...

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went and saw it with my parents in the IMAX theater. My brothers and I worshipped this movie when it came out (I was in elementary school at time, just to make a lot of people reading this thread feel old).

It was a good movie and I enjoyed it. They did a pretty good job with the 3D. The people in the theater were people like me who were bringing their kids in to see it for the first time (and they LOVED it) and the rest were people in their late teens, early twenties who had never seen it because their parents were living under FUCKING ROCKS!

But it was a lot of fun. My Mom and lot of people jumped when the raptor leapt out at Ellie in the maintenance shed. Brought back a lot of really good memories.

G

Ginkgo

JP3 just gave us new dinosaurs to gawk at, relying on the graphics gimmicks of yesteryear. Something unpredictable ought to happen in JP4 that bases itself on consequences of Hammond's program. JP2 gave us the disasters of dinos in the big city while JP3 gave us... smarter raptors? Lol. Neither really fits the bill. Sigh. Someone needs to do some biology research.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I went and saw it with my parents in the IMAX theater. My brothers and I worshipped this movie when it came out (I was in elementary school at time, just to make a lot of people reading this thread feel old).

Thanks. You have certainly done your job. :dry:

:alttongue:

It was a good movie and I enjoyed it. They did a pretty good job with the 3D. The people in the theater were people like me who were bringing their kids in to see it for the first time (and they LOVED it) and the rest were people in their late teens, early twenties who had never seen it because their parents were living under FUCKING ROCKS!

But it was a lot of fun. My Mom and lot of people jumped when the raptor leapt out at Ellie in the maintenance shed. Brought back a lot of really good memories.

Yeah, it was sooooo cool. :)

I really like the human touches, especially at the end (for example) like when John Hammond is about to get on the copter and then gets lost in sadness as he stares at what had been his dream and was now ashes... and then Grant shakes him out of it. He was so foolish, but I felt bad for him. He just wanted to dazzle people and do something amazing, to create a spectacle that was real and not imagined.

Or Grant's newfound confidence with kids. He just needed to be in a situation where he had to engage, and then instinct kicked in. (Another sign of adaptation and evolution, this time within the psyche -- he could just fall back on inherent human programming that he didn't know he had.)

E

Epiphany

I really like the human touches, especially at the end (for example) like when John Hammond is about to get on the copter and then gets lost in sadness as he stares at what had been his dream and was now ashes... and then Grant shakes him out of it. He was so foolish, but I felt bad for him. He just wanted to dazzle people and do something amazing, to create a spectacle that was real and not imagined.

I, personally, related the most to his character. I felt bad for Hammond. He's definitely an idealist who sees endless possibilities. Probably ENFP. He still holds onto hope after the lawyer is dead, the T-Rex is loose and his grandchildren are lost in the jungle, until Ellie talks some sense into him. You can see his soul die when his dream finally implodes.