User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

  1. #1
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default Roger Ebert reunites with Gene Siskel...

    True, he barely had a mouth (ironic for a movie critic), but that didn't stop him from biting the big one.

    Read the full article here.

    At least we have comfort in knowing that he died smiling.

    He is survived by Richard Roeper.

  2. #2
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    sigh

    sx/so e65 intj?

    thinking of you

  3. #3
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,904

    Default

    I don't think he was an INTJ Enneagram 6 because I never liked his movie reviews nor his taste. My guess is INTP.

    Siskel was much better IMO.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I saw him as an Enneagram 7w6 based on his more personal writings. Not sure of MBTI/Keirsey type right now, but I lean toward Idealist or even Artisan.

    Siskel was, however, likely a Rational. NTJ.

    I have tended to agree with Siskel more, except for his negative review of The Silence of the Lambs.

  5. #5
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Siskel was, however, likely a Rational. NTJ.
    I think that's right.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think that's right.
    And Enneagram 1w2

  7. #7
    Vulnerability Eilonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so
    Posts
    6,176

    Default

    Ebert had tweeted in Feb of this year that he was an ENFP.



    ETA: Link to Tweet
    Johari / Nohari

    “That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

    reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

  8. #8
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Ebert had tweeted in Feb of this year that he was an ENFP.
    Thanks for that.

    I was always a fan but in the last few days of reading I consciously was scanning him as F, and was curious about what he might have said about himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I saw him as an Enneagram 7w6 based on his more personal writings. Not sure of MBTI/Keirsey type right now, but I lean toward Idealist or even Artisan.

    Siskel was, however, likely a Rational. NTJ.

    I have tended to agree with Siskel more, except for his negative review of The Silence of the Lambs.
    I'm not sure on the N, but I definitely scan him as TJ.

    I was having a blast running across some of the outtakes from their old show last night, where the two started busting on each other pretty badly (including mocking each other's approach to ordering McDonald's food). It was bad enough to the degree that some people thought they hated each other; however, the indication seems to be they were close friends, albeit at rival papers, to the degree that Siskel's daughters were flower girls at Ebert's wedding in 1992. They made nice foils for each other, not just in personality but in appearance... balancing each other out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was having a blast running across some of the outtakes from their old show last night, where the two started busting on each other pretty badly (including mocking each other's approach to ordering McDonald's food). It was bad enough to the degree that some people thought they hated each other; however, the indication seems to be they were close friends, albeit at rival papers, to the degree that Siskel's daughters were flower girls at Ebert's wedding in 1992. They made nice foils for each other, not just in personality but in appearance... balancing each other out.
    I know which ones you were talking about. They seemed to be enjoying playful banter with each other and people commenting on YouTube seemed to take it at face value, which seems to be the norm there.

    I never got the impression they hated each other, but working for different newspapers, they did seem competitive, and no doubt were.

    Most people seem to think they argued on the show, but most of the time, they agreed with each other, though they tended to critique different aspects of a movie.

    Now I'm interested in Richard Roeper's type. Haven't really payed much attention to him, but he's been the head reviewer on Roger Ebert's SunTimes site for several weeks (which led me to believe that Ebert was on his last leg). And while we're at it, what is Leonard Maltin's type?

  10. #10
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I know which ones you were talking about. They seemed to be enjoying playful banter with each other and people commenting on YouTube seemed to take it at face value, which seems to be the norm there.

    I never got the impression they hated each other, but working for different newspapers, they did seem competitive, and no doubt were.
    Yes, competitive... and some of the stuff they said was pretty nasty, honestly, in the public lexicon... if you don't know each other / are strangers. (I think Gene even called him an asshole at the end of one exchange, which Roger was kind of being, TBH.)

    But my perception was that they knew each other and so they were just talking smack, mostly, for both of their amusement. I mean, considering there's probably hours and hours, days, weeks, months more of such talk that never got on YouTube? They kept working together and chose to work together, and Gene was laughing at a lot of Ebert's criticism even if Ebert only cracked a smile every so often.

    Yeah, they're just screwing around.

    Most people seem to think they argued on the show, but most of the time, they agreed with each other, though they tended to critique different aspects of a movie.
    I agree too. I watched one or two segments last night for old time's sake and the reality is that even with their different perspectives, they still kind of either agreed overall or could respect the angle being taken. I don't necessarily agree with all of their reviews, but I could count on them at least providing a thoughtful opinion and supporting why they perceived a movie in a particular light.

    I mean, they both hated Highlander 2: The Quickening. That's a good start!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 370
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 09:54 PM
  2. Roger Ebert
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 04:21 PM
  3. You're on an island. With a television.
    By disregard in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO