First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

And let's not forget their nitpicking of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, the movie that inspired The Cinema Snob, speaking of which, what's his type?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Maltin is definitely not a T user. He often seems to disapprove of movies because of their moral qualities. I'd probably go with Fi over Fe, though I'm not 100% sure with that. He also seems to be sort of comfortable with Si, because he seems like someone who is really into the classics. I can see how this would play into Si. Given the preference for Si over Se, INFP, perhaps? The second most likely is ISFJ. I just get a strong sense of F and Introverted Sensing from him.

F is probably good for a movie critic to have.

I often have a hard time telling whether a movie is "good or bad." Usually, if there's something that seems off about a movie to me, my default response is just that there's something about it I didn't understand! Usually it's only after talking to other people that I can conclude that something was actually kind of shitty.

NT's, on the other hand, do seem to be good at MSTing. Those of us who use Ne, for certain.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, I got more traditional moral and feeler vibes off Maltin as well as Joel Siegel as well. (And now I feel stupid -- how did I miss Siegel died? Oh well, I was undergoing massive depression that year, I was in a zoned-out funk.)

I always loved MST, I do it naturally just when I'm watching anything bad. When MST actually came out, it was like part of my soul had been found.

It think it's really important to be fair to a movie and try to grasp what it's trying to be about, so as not to judge it for something it was never meant to be. Still, some movies don't even rise to the bar they set for themselves or are just bad by any standard whatsoever.

I really appreciated the Brown Bunny incident, where Ebert was so frustrated that I've read he began whistling "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" during the actual screening... yet when the director reworked the movie, he rereviewed it and gave it a marginal thumbs up rather than holding a grudge over the things that had been aside or just stubbornly holding to opinion. If fair criticism can help make better films, then that's a positive.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Ebert had tweeted in Feb of this year that he was an ENFP.

ETA: Link to Tweet

“A corner is important. It provides privacy and an anchor and lets you exist independently of the room.”

“It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.”

“No matter what they're charging to get in, it's worth more to get out.”

"What kinds of ways do we think about films. If we can create new categories of thought so the category opens up, we have done our job."

Not sure to which extent his mind had deteriorated when he made that tweet, but I question its validity. We all know that animals crawl home to die and I think this could have been the catalyst. The sx/so instinct alone leads introverts to assume extroversion.

thinking of you

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I always loved MST, I do it naturally just when I'm watching anything bad. When MST actually came out, it was like part of my soul had been found.
    Yes, it's basically creating new contexts for movies. A lot of it involves creating alternative possibilities of meaning. NTPs love that kind of thing. (INFP's seem lukewarm on it sometimes, for some reason, but it may be just because they haven't developed their Ne).

I also learned of the existence of the abomination called Tuna Wiggle through MST3K.

It think it's really important to be fair to a movie and try to grasp what it's trying to be about, so as not to judge it for something it was never meant to be. Still, some movies don't even rise to the bar they set for themselves or are just bad by any standard whatsoever.
    Yes, there are some types of movies that don't really require, for instance, deep characterization, and that's fine. Actually, too many these days shoot themselves foot for trying to concern themselves with this, and doing it badly.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    “A corner is important. It provides privacy and an anchor and lets you exist independently of the room.”

“It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.”

“No matter what they're charging to get in, it's worth more to get out.”

"What kinds of ways do we think about films. If we can create new categories of thought so the category opens up, we have done our job."

Not sure to which extent his mind had deteriorated when he made that tweet, but I question its validity. We all know that animals crawl home to die and I think this could have been the catalyst. The sx/so instinct alone leads introverts to assume extroversion.
    It can be debated, but apparently (from reading the bio stuff) he was far more social than any INFP I've met -- he REALLY liked to engage people, and groups of people, even impromptu. James Berdanelli comes across as a more introverted movie critic, in comparison.

*shrug* Like his type really matters. I know everything I need to know about him from reading his writings and what others said about their experiences with him, there's no need aside from pure speculation to need to know his MBTI type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

My first reaction when I saw this was "AMAGERD Gene Siskel is a zombie now???"

That's not even a joke, sadly. I didn't think of reuniting in death...