• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Platinum Weddings - WE channel

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I only started really watching this show but haven't seen a whole episode yet. The wedding industry is a multi billion dollar racket and this show puts 'My Super Sweet Sixteen' on MTV to shame as far as excess. It actually makes me feel a twinge of jealousy and also like getting married in Vegas or at city hall and forgoing any depressing pretense of celebration and pomp.

Anywhoo, here's a link:

Platinum Weddings - WEtv.com

The couple's story I'm watching now are spending $100,000 on flowers (25,000 roses) and $15,000 on custom linens. To rent the candlebra will cost another $15,000. They spent about $60,000 just on liquor for the open bar.

I know I shouldn't watch -- but I can't help it!

I'd love to be *invited* to one of these weddings though. Note to self: make friends with more rich straight people.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Dammit Noz!!!

Stop blowing my cover!!!

I'm SOOOOO not making you part of my entourage when I marry make it big.