User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default Bioshock Infiininte.

If you preorder it on http://www.greenmangaming.com/ you get 3 free games including xcom, not too shabby.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I did the midnight "event" thing at GameStop last night...comes with a DLC exclusive shotgun with pre-order.
    All I have to say is: Believe the hype, folks.

Bioshock: Infinite really is that good.

WALMART

Wow, the game has a 95 metacritic rating so far. I was predicting low 80's, the game doesn't look all that good - and I was a huge Bioshock fan.

I guess I'll have to buy it.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Wow, the game has a 95 metacritic rating so far. I was predicting low 80's, the game doesn't look at that good - and I was a huge Bioshock fan.

I guess I'll have to buy it.
    I was indifferent until I saw the preview on the Spike VGAs last December.
    After watching that, I knew it was going to be something special.

I completely agree with the reviews. This is one of the greatest games ever made.

Infinite Bubble

As one of my all time favourite franchises, I'll be buying it. I'm assuming then that it will be better than 2.

I never could get into the first one. It was hailed as a story driven shooter with adventure and rpg elements , but was just another FPS on rails (there wasn't dynamic choice making afaik). I'm getting tired of games that enforce one story. I want to screw the story up a little.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Enjoying it so far, but the first Bioshock was much better. I like the idea of an underwater city as opposed to a city in the clouds (unless it's The Empire Strikes Back), it provides much more mystery and allure. The first Bioshock was also much more tense and eerie, and Bioshock Infinite lacks that so far, but I'll hold my final judgment after I complete the campaign.

I will say that Bioshock 2 was by far the weakest installment (I could already tell that Bioshock Infinite is gonna be better because of a fresh location), because it suffered for having too many been-there-done-that elements...in fact, the only big difference I saw in the second Bioshock was the playable character. Storywise, it just seemed like a watered down remake of the first.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Just finished it after playing non-stop all day...wow.
    Say what you will, but it very much aspires to be (and achieves status as) a work of art.

It goes into some very strange Ni territory at the end.
    Incredibly meta; a brilliant deconstruction of "mythic" storytelling and archetypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Just finished it after playing non-stop all day...wow.
    Say what you will, but it very much aspires to be (and achieves status as) a work of art.

It goes into some very strange Ni territory at the end.
    Incredibly meta; a brilliant deconstruction of "mythic" storytelling and archetypes.
    This kind of talk always tempts me to retry the series, but.. like I said, it's storytelling on rails. Every book and movie is on rails too, so I shouldn't complain. It's just something about games, I guess. I want interactivity and personalization in game stories. It's hard to go back to ones that aren't (with some exceptions). Even if I can't create a character from scratch, I want a lot of dynamic choice making (Walking Dead is one such game.. You're given a prescripted character, but there's a lot of variation depending on the player).

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    This kind of talk always tempts me to retry the series, but.. like I said, it's storytelling on rails. Every book and movie is on rails too, so I shouldn't complain. It's just something about games, I guess. I want interactivity and personalization in game stories. It's hard to go back to ones that aren't (with some exceptions). Even if I can't create a character from scratch, I want a lot of dynamic choice making (Walking Dead is one such game.. You're given a prescripted character, but there's a lot of variation depending on the player).
    This is the exception. You owe it to yourself. BUY IT.

And now that I think of it, the game deals with the paradoxical nature of "choice" only not in the way you'd expect.