• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bioshock Infiininte.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I did the midnight "event" thing at GameStop last night...comes with a DLC exclusive shotgun with pre-order.
All I have to say is: Believe the hype, folks.

Bioshock: Infinite really is that good.

W

WALMART

Wow, the game has a 95 metacritic rating so far. I was predicting low 80's, the game doesn't look all that good - and I was a huge Bioshock fan.

I guess I'll have to buy it.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Wow, the game has a 95 metacritic rating so far. I was predicting low 80's, the game doesn't look at that good - and I was a huge Bioshock fan.

I was indifferent until I saw the preview on the Spike VGAs last December.
After watching that, I knew it was going to be something special.

I completely agree with the reviews. This is one of the greatest games ever made.

I

Infinite Bubble

As one of my all time favourite franchises, I'll be buying it. I'm assuming then that it will be better than 2.

KDude

I never could get into the first one. It was hailed as a story driven shooter with adventure and rpg elements , but was just another FPS on rails (there wasn't dynamic choice making afaik). I'm getting tired of games that enforce one story. I want to screw the story up a little.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enjoying it so far, but the first Bioshock was much better. I like the idea of an underwater city as opposed to a city in the clouds (unless it's The Empire Strikes Back), it provides much more mystery and allure. The first Bioshock was also much more tense and eerie, and Bioshock Infinite lacks that so far, but I'll hold my final judgment after I complete the campaign.

I will say that Bioshock 2 was by far the weakest installment (I could already tell that Bioshock Infinite is gonna be better because of a fresh location), because it suffered for having too many been-there-done-that elements...in fact, the only big difference I saw in the second Bioshock was the playable character. Storywise, it just seemed like a watered down remake of the first.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Just finished it after playing non-stop all day...wow.
Say what you will, but it very much aspires to be (and achieves status as) a work of art.

It goes into some very strange Ni territory at the end.
Incredibly meta; a brilliant deconstruction of "mythic" storytelling and archetypes.

KDude

Just finished it after playing non-stop all day...wow.
Say what you will, but it very much aspires to be (and achieves status as) a work of art.

It goes into some very strange Ni territory at the end.
Incredibly meta; a brilliant deconstruction of "mythic" storytelling and archetypes.

This kind of talk always tempts me to retry the series, but.. like I said, it's storytelling on rails. Every book and movie is on rails too, so I shouldn't complain. It's just something about games, I guess. I want interactivity and personalization in game stories. It's hard to go back to ones that aren't (with some exceptions). Even if I can't create a character from scratch, I want a lot of dynamic choice making (Walking Dead is one such game.. You're given a prescripted character, but there's a lot of variation depending on the player).

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
This kind of talk always tempts me to retry the series, but.. like I said, it's storytelling on rails. Every book and movie is on rails too, so I shouldn't complain. It's just something about games, I guess. I want interactivity and personalization in game stories. It's hard to go back to ones that aren't (with some exceptions). Even if I can't create a character from scratch, I want a lot of dynamic choice making (Walking Dead is one such game.. You're given a prescripted character, but there's a lot of variation depending on the player).

This is the exception. You owe it to yourself. BUY IT.

And now that I think of it, the game deals with the paradoxical nature of "choice" only not in the way you'd expect.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Wow, the game has a 95 metacritic rating so far. I was predicting low 80's, the game doesn't look all that good - and I was a huge Bioshock fan.

I actually prefer the first one. This one is very story driven and environment driven . They took out alot of the things that I loved like the ability to aquire vigor by killing big daddy's. Also infinite limite you to carrying only 2 guns. I don't get the tend now days of carrying two guns fuck is it annoying. ALso they took out different types of ammo used to kill different kinds of enemy's which also sucks. IMO infinite is good but overrated it seems although I haven't passed it yet so i won't judge right away.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just finished playing it.

I didn't quite get the ending until I went on to another website and read about a further explanation and now it makes sense to me.

Very good game! Lots of social commentary and a very mind-tripping ending. I also laughed out loud at the, ahem, "nod" to the prior Bioshock games ;)

Highly recommended

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I also laughed out loud at the, ahem, "nod" to the prior Bioshock games ;)

The arrival at Columbia, the escape from Songbird at the collapsing monument, the adorable fiddle dance with Elizabeth at Battleship Bay and...

...were the highlights for me. A lot of great moments; you actually become emotionally invested in the characters--something I was not expecting.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

All games are like that. Lol? Even skyrim is like that it's an open world if that what you mean