First 5678917 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Just so everyone can be clear, I posted that Cracked.com reference way back here, and apparently Mal ignored it willfully for personal reasons (?) because he seemed to think it was wonderful when EJCC posted the same thing.

So someone please tell me who is trolling and made it personal? Because apparently it's not me. The factual aspect of the information posted didn't change because of who posted or how they posted it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    So someone please tell me who is trolling and made it personal?
    I don't think anyone was trolling. It seemed to me that it was just the clash of two different points of view, with neither side willing to give. I'm often wrong about these things, though...

It was fun to watch, though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I don't think anyone was trolling. It seemed to me that it was just the clash of two different points of view, with neither side willing to give. I'm often wrong about these things, though...

It was fun to watch, though.
    I'm pretty sure Mal was trolling when he started making personal attacks on me instead of addressing the topic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mal was trolling when he started making personal attacks on me instead of addressing the topic.
    You asked for opinions, and I gave mine.

I have no idea what the original meme is, but the original scene does not involve a cigar or "earf" but does involve Will Smith punching an alien in the face and saying "welcome to earth."

Aw now I want to watch Independence Day.

MBTI
    XXFP

Maybe I'm not brushed up on my racist beliefs, but I don't get why that is racist. Black people say "earf"? Black people don't pronounce "th"? Is that a thing people think?

I used to say earf. I was teased in...I dunno, 2nd grade because I didn't hear the difference. I remember I had a friend named Elizabeth. Of all the things I don't think anyone called me black because of it.

Seems like stupid internet spelling to me and then it just spread? I wonder who first invented it. I'd be inclined to guess someone saw it, and the internet being the racist place that it is, turned it INTO a race thing.

Look, I get the argument that just cause I don't see why it's racist doesn't mean it can't be...but without any more data on the subject, I don't know how you can draw the conclusion this was based in race. Is there some cultural belief that black people don't say "th" I never heard of?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Maybe I'm not brushed up on my racist beliefs, but I don't get why that is racist. Black people say "earf"? Black people don't pronounce "th"? Is that a thing people think?

I used to say earf. I was teased in...I dunno, 2nd grade because I didn't hear the difference. I remember I had a friend named Elizabeth.

Seems like stupid internet spelling to me and then it just spread? I wonder who first invented it. I'd be inclined to guess someone saw it, and the internet being the racist place that it is, turned it INTO a race thing.
    @bold - everyone knows that pronunciation's got nothing to do with black people- and everything to do with cats.
    Lolcats, in particular.

1 Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.
    -The Lolcat Bible, Genesis 1:1
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Ginkgo

When I watched Django Unchained, some asshole sitting in the rear of the theater chuckled, "That's right, n*****." when Django was pinned down without any ammo. What a mindfuck.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post

I used to say earf. I was teased in...I dunno, 2nd grade because I didn't hear the difference. I remember I had a friend named Elizabeth. Of all the things I don't think anyone called me black because of it.

Look, I get the argument that just cause I don't see why it's racist doesn't mean it can't be...but without any more data on the subject, I don't know how you can draw the conclusion this was based in race. Is there some cultural belief that black people don't say "th" I never heard of?
    It's an internet meme called "There's a Great Meme - Let's Find a Way to Spoil It!"

spoil.jpg

I'm not saying this picture reminds me of anybody on this forum, it just seemed like an appropriate time to start a brand new meme.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

garbage

The letters 't' and 'f' are next to each other and look kinda similar