• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Saints Row 4"

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, here's the trailer:

And let me just say that I thought Saints Row: The Third was a flawed masterpiece. It was an over-the-top and enjoyably ridiculous romp that grew from two other games that were similarly enjoyable, but which fans seemed to have taken a little too seriously. I would call these games guilty pleasures, but I feel no guilt admitting any of my pleasures.

And let me also just say that I love the over-the-top concept that Saints Row IV is taking. And yet, I am absolutely dissatisfied. It doesn't look like there is any effort being put into this installment, and hell, there is no sort of marketing gimmick, such as Gary Busey hosting the trailers for Saints Row 2 or the raunchy clips played in front of epic soundtracks of Saints Row: The Third, but this one? Nothing.

Certain plot elements of this game were originally designed for an expansion to the previous installment, until those plans were scrapped in favor of integrating "certain elements" into the fourth installment. To me, the trailer looks like the fourth installment is yet another one of the crummy DLCs that plagued SR:TT, it's like they're not even trying. I would've been more satisfied if the developers spent a few more years on the drawing board to produce a high-quality game rather than rush to release this product.

And I understand that I'm being a bit judgmental about a teaser, but I feel the need to be skeptical. Who knows? Maybe the actual game will be a masterpiece, but this trailer is making it very hard for me to anticipate something exciting. I haven't been so unexcited for a product of a franchise that I'm a fan of since...Crysis 3.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I really didn't like saints row the third it was just garbage. Most unrealistic over the top game ever it made the player feel like mindless gore loving zombies.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My one hope is that the map will be bigger this time. Steelport was considerably smaller than Stilwater. They need at least a five-island map that's even bigger than San Andreas.

And I also hope that Saints Row continues into the next generation, and hopefully, the world maps will be even bigger.

W

WALMART

I played the fuck out of the first Saint's Row. I remember being very hyped for it, and it didn't let me down. Never got around to the second until recently, when I got it bundled digitally with SR3. I played 2 first, to keep order, and I'm in the same boat... SR3 went too over the top. SR2's mechanics still somewhat felt grounded in reality, but SR3 was far too cartoony for my likings.

This one looks okay. I'll probably get it, mostly because my brother has been hooked since I bought The Third.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One problem I did have with The Third is the lack of indoor environments (i.e. buildings the player can enter when not on a mission), likely due to the game being built on a different engine, but I hope they found a way to insert them into this one.

I thought the science fiction route The Third took made the game wicked fun (although the whole Professor Genki thing was a bit annoying). I say they should go ahead and add fantasy elements into the mix, and perhaps a gang of Harry Potter fans or Ringnuts (or rather their parody counterparts) who somehow gain access to a magical realm and unleash fantasy creatures into the city. Imagine riding a dragon over the city.

That's the direction I want the game to take -- the ultimate sandbox game.