• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bates Motel

E

Epiphany

I just realized that the actress who plays Norman's mom is the sister of American Horror Story's, Taissa Farmiga.

It's magical!

sundance-2011-portraits-vera-farmiga-taissa-farmiga-55768.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I started watching this last night, my first impulse was "yay" when I saw the previews, but then I started watching the show and I was like "oh no meh touching drama" but then it kind of twisted again, and I think it's probably like a less-weird Twin Peaks, in that central characters include police officers, histrionic women, and the rest of a small town.

Will watch again, but not 100% sure about this show yet.

I also give American Horror Story four out of five stars. It's great for what it is, I watched every episode in the first season and would watch the second, but I'm honestly not as impressed with American Horror Story as I was with a show like Twin Peaks

Nothing touches it, and I really hate that whole modern-upper-middle-class-family-touching-drama vibe, it's too bland for me. American Horror Story wasn't even really scary, just spooky, but I have higher hopes for the second season since it was set in the 1960's in an asylum instead of in some yuppie family's life.

E

Epiphany

Overall, I liked season 2 of American Horror Story better than the first one. I'm watching last night's episode of Bates Motel online right now. The show isn't AMAZING, but the little sub-plots are intriguing thus far. I'll keep watching for the time being.

Edit: A socially awkward nerd is getting chased by two attractive girls because of his "kindness," one of whom seduces the lonely virgin on her bed. I'm not buying it.

Nicodemus

I'm watching this on Tuesdays with my flatmate. I like it; he likes it a lot. I'm waiting for him to start calling me Norman.

E

Epiphany

I was starting to lose hope in this series, but last night's episode was intense. It's so exciting to watch our little Norman grow up into the psycho he's destined to be.