User Tag List

Thread: Bates Motel

Epiphany

Default Bates Motel

We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?

This could be good. Will watch.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    This could be good. Will watch.
    Yes, it's an interesting concept. I'm looking forward to it.

Epiphany

I just realized that the actress who plays Norman's mom is the sister of American Horror Story's, Taissa Farmiga.

It's magical!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I started watching this last night, my first impulse was "yay" when I saw the previews, but then I started watching the show and I was like "oh no meh touching drama" but then it kind of twisted again, and I think it's probably like a less-weird Twin Peaks, in that central characters include police officers, histrionic women, and the rest of a small town.

Will watch again, but not 100% sure about this show yet.

I also give American Horror Story four out of five stars. It's great for what it is, I watched every episode in the first season and would watch the second, but I'm honestly not as impressed with American Horror Story as I was with a show like Twin Peaks

Nothing touches it, and I really hate that whole modern-upper-middle-class-family-touching-drama vibe, it's too bland for me. American Horror Story wasn't even really scary, just spooky, but I have higher hopes for the second season since it was set in the 1960's in an asylum instead of in some yuppie family's life.

Epiphany

Overall, I liked season 2 of American Horror Story better than the first one. I'm watching last night's episode of Bates Motel online right now. The show isn't AMAZING, but the little sub-plots are intriguing thus far. I'll keep watching for the time being.

Edit: A socially awkward nerd is getting chased by two attractive girls because of his "kindness," one of whom seduces the lonely virgin on her bed. I'm not buying it.

I'm watching this on Tuesdays with my flatmate. I like it; he likes it a lot. I'm waiting for him to start calling me Norman.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I'm watching this on Tuesdays with my flatmate. I like it; he likes it a lot. I'm waiting for him to start calling me Norman.
    As long as he doesn't call you Mr. Bates.

Epiphany

I was starting to lose hope in this series, but last night's episode was intense. It's so exciting to watch our little Norman grow up into the psycho he's destined to be.