User Tag List

123 Last

your resident asshole

Default Want to create your own country?

*edit* I made a Typology Central region.

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share this website with you guys. I found it a while back, stopped playing, and recently came back to it again. It's not so much a game as it is something to do once or twice a day, but it is quite entertaining. Here is the link: nationstates.net

And here's an example country. It's the first nation I ever created and still going strong.

How the game works:
    1. Create a country, obviously. (It can have multiple words in the title even though mine only has one.)
    2. Go to your settings and decide how often you want to receive issues. Issues are the highlight of the game. The maximum you can receive per day is two (if unanswered, up to five are in the queue). These change the policies of your nation, what freedoms people are given, etc. Want to make public nudity mandatory? Go for it! Want to ban Harry Potter novels because witchcraft is evil? Whatever floats your boat! Issues come at random, though.
    Here are all of the classifications your nation can have. Again, these are all affected by the responses to the issues you choose.

3. Features are slowly unlocked as you go along. These include custom names in front of your country ("Kaleidoscopic Island" in my case), a national religion, the nation's leader, and the capital city.
    4. Move your country to a new region or even create your own. For some people, this is where the game really picks up. Many have dedicated forums and all of that silly jazz. Regions can even be at "war" with each other wherein one region invades the other and ejects everyone from the original region to claim it as their own.
    5. Join the World Assembly. Although you can have as many nations as you want (I have 4 active), you can only have one nation in the WA. I won't go into detail with this. You can read more about it in the website if you wish.
    6. Your country is "deleted" after a period of inactivity (I believe it is several months or so). However, I write "deleted" because all you have to do to bring your country back from the dead again is to enter your password twice instead of once. The only thing that is really deleted is your flag. It reverts back to the default and you have to change it back again.
    Last edited by /DG/; 02-28-2013 at 12:58 AM.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

This is awesome.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I've made like 10 of these, I had to search my email to find one.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=wowitshana

I usually got left leaning college state

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Civil rights lovefest here. Gotta crush those iron-fist consumerists.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    xxTP

I used to play this regularly about 5,6 years ago.

I think I banned pedestrians and bicycles from transit, imprisoned any non-party members, and bulldozed the rainforest in order to mine uranium.

On the bright side, my economic and military power was pretty impressive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I've been wasting time on this game ever since I first heard about it on this site.

Anarchy, naturally.

your resident asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Haha - I think people were talking about doing that in one of the previous threads about that game. Are we all free to move there?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Haha - I think people were talking about doing that in one of the previous threads about that game. Are we all free to move there?
    Oh whoops! I didn't even think to search the forums for something like this before I posted. Oh well.

My region is open to all.

*edit* I added a flag to the region and mandated public nudity in my country!

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.