*edit* I made a Typology Central region.
Hey everyone, just thought I'd share this website with you guys. I found it a while back, stopped playing, and recently came back to it again. It's not so much a game as it is something to do once or twice a day, but it is quite entertaining. Here is the link: nationstates.net
And here's an example country. It's the first nation I ever created and still going strong.
How the game works:
1. Create a country, obviously. (It can have multiple words in the title even though mine only has one.)
2. Go to your settings and decide how often you want to receive issues. Issues are the highlight of the game. The maximum you can receive per day is two (if unanswered, up to five are in the queue). These change the policies of your nation, what freedoms people are given, etc. Want to make public nudity mandatory? Go for it! Want to ban Harry Potter novels because witchcraft is evil? Whatever floats your boat! Issues come at random, though.
Here are all of the classifications your nation can have. Again, these are all affected by the responses to the issues you choose.
3. Features are slowly unlocked as you go along. These include custom names in front of your country ("Kaleidoscopic Island" in my case), a national religion, the nation's leader, and the capital city.
4. Move your country to a new region or even create your own. For some people, this is where the game really picks up. Many have dedicated forums and all of that silly jazz. Regions can even be at "war" with each other wherein one region invades the other and ejects everyone from the original region to claim it as their own.
5. Join the World Assembly. Although you can have as many nations as you want (I have 4 active), you can only have one nation in the WA. I won't go into detail with this. You can read more about it in the website if you wish.
6. Your country is "deleted" after a period of inactivity (I believe it is several months or so). However, I write "deleted" because all you have to do to bring your country back from the dead again is to enter your password twice instead of once. The only thing that is really deleted is your flag. It reverts back to the default and you have to change it back again.