User Tag List

First 123

I just joined the region with my august nation:

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=available_names
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I made mine: The Empire of Standuble. Perhaps I should re-declare it the Jingoistic States instead?

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=standuble

The Empire of Standuble is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, moralistic, socially-minded morass -- is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 41%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Standuble's national animal is the Three-headed Behemoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Warlord.
    My young nation has not yet embraced the lust for war nor realised that it is only the taste of crushing a civilisation into the dust, plundering their gold and enslaving their scientists is the only way to sate its thirst. I am sure that in time things should change. We shall commence our nuclear program immediately. May God have mercy on you all.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    And I just allowed child gambling and human cloning! It'll take a bit for it to go through.
    I was disappointed that there was no happy medium between "ban gambling entirely" and "allow child gambling".

Now, if that meant gambling with children as the stakes instead of children engaging in gambling, I would have been all in. So to speak.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Ah Nationstates.net my old beloved. I rode out Hurricane Katrina on that website and spent many wonderful free periods at college on there in 2005. Have they invented Nationstates 2 yet? If not then it has been almost a decade since it were announced.
    Unfortunately, the idea for Nationstates 2 was scrapped. I guess they held a closed beta of it and people had an overwhelmingly negative response to it.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I was disappointed that there was no happy medium between "ban gambling entirely" and "allow child gambling".

Now, if that meant gambling with children as the stakes instead of children engaging in gambling, I would have been all in. So to speak.
    I know it's a bit silly, but that's why you can just choose to dismiss the issue.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I was thinking about Nationstates the other day. I've been on it intermittently to up about 2011, and my nations tended to turn out to be Father Knows Best states. I created the best dictatorships.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

I would always go for a psychotic dictatorship but I would always become a Scandinavian hippie 3 weeks in. Never failed.
    Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    I would always go for a psychotic dictatorship but I would always become a Scandinavian hippie 3 weeks in. Never failed.
    You must have been trying too hard. When the Harry Potter books option comes around, remember that salting and burning stuff is fun...