User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: PlayStation 4!

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Default PlayStation 4!

Who's buying me one for Christmas?

C'mon. Think of all the wonderful things I've done for you guys.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'll probably get one when it comes out, but the PC components that will be out during that time (which I will also be getting) will outdo the hardware of any next-gen console.

And it looks like Sony is almost trying to back out of the console market. They didn't even do a major redesign of the logo.

Now all we have to do is wait for the next Xbox announcement. And they had better not call it the Xbox 720.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

That dragon game looks pretty tits. I'll take it.

your resident asshole

The system sounds pretty neat, but we all know that games are what define the system. I don't think it's worth it to be an early adopter. I'll probably get this a few years after it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    That dragon game looks pretty tits. I'll take it.
    I have to say, I've never heard that word as an adjective before.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I tried watching video of the dragon game (as it was the most interesting of the launch titles) but it kept cutting out once the footage was actually shown, so...

Speaking of launch titles: They're usually crap. It takes years for developers to adapt to the new format. The last "great" launch game was Halo for the original Xbox.

I used to always buy the Sony consoles from the start, but after awhile, started playing the 360 more than anything. I'll probably hold out from buying a PS4 for a couple years and stick with whatever MS comes out with.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

As a system, I do use my PS3 more, but it's mainly for movies. There isn't a good game on either console that isn't 10x better on the PC. But after thinking about it, I've decided that I actually like PS3 exclusives better than 360 exclusives. MGS4, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, and Infamous are masterpieces. Personally, I'm not a fan of Gears of War, and the Halo series are just average shooters with compelling stories. And, of course, the first Saints Row was a 360 exclusive -- which mainly tided me over until GTA4, but ultimately was the better game -- but has since been outdone by its sequels.

But I did like several of the launch titles for 360, including Perfect Dark Zero and Condemned, though the latter was later ported to the PC. Still, it was probably the scariest game I've ever played. It was like Doom 3 and a scary version of F.E.A.R. joined forces and found their way into a Se7en spin-off.

Speaking of F.E.A.R., why don't they make more of those games that don't involve Alma? I think they fucked the sequels up by focusing too much on Alma and little on other paranormal cases. I highly doubt that any government would fund such an organization for one case. I think the Alma story should've just ended in EPs/DLC.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    As a system, I do use my PS3 more, but it's mainly for movies. There isn't a good game on either console that isn't 10x better on the PC. But after thinking about it, I've decided that I actually like PS3 exclusives better than 360 exclusives. MGS4, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, and Infamous are masterpieces. Personally, I'm not a fan of Gears of War, and the Halo series are just average shooters with compelling stories. And, of course, the first Saints Row was a 360 exclusive -- which mainly tided me over until GTA4, but ultimately was the better game -- but has since been outdone by its sequels.
    PS3 has better exclusive titles overall because they are innovative and take chances with their franchises.
    Gears? Halo? They are everything that is wrong with modern gaming. They pander to the lowest common denominator.

You can also add Uncharted, Journey, God of War and LittleBigPlanet to the roster of great PS3 exclusives.

I've always thought Sony's exclusives were better (Forza is the only one giving a run for the money. Some Arcade titles are good too). I just find XBox Live better in general.

Funnily, I started using the Xbox more only after Anon hacked the PS3 servers awhile back. That pissed me off.