• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" out today...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Will probably get Crysis 3 today, even though Crysis 2 was a disappointment compared to Crysis and Crysis Warhead (which was my personal favorite of the bunch, and to this day, is still the best-looking game out there), but with Crysis 3, I know where to set my expectations, so it might end up being good.

Still on the fence about Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, the subject at hand, partly because it looks like a lame beat-'em-up like Dante's Inferno and the newer Mortal Kombats, and partly because Raiden is too queer to have his own game. Although...he's more machine now than woman.

If I get both of them, I'll be sure to review them here...that is, if I have time.

KDude

So it's not a stealth game? Because i'm sick of em (stealth shooters, to be exact).

W

WALMART

Fuuuuuuuuck more money down the drain.

It's made by Platinum, you know it's solid.

KDude

Fuuuuuuuuck more money down the drain.

It's made by Platinum, you know it's solid.

I just bought Dishonored and still haven't beat Deus Ex. Both stealth shooters....and overrated.

I bought Forza Horizon too. I'll just play that. No more money to blow.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a big Metal Gear fan, but that MG Rising looks terrible.

Along with the stealth action, the best thing about Metal Gear is the amazing plot. Problem is, in the grand scheme of things, Raiden is pretty much irrelevant to the story. I mean, I wanted to see the Snakes, Eva, Ocelot, Big Boss, Zero... screw Raiden.

Can't bring back the dead, but it's possible to pick a different timeline.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Looking forward to Ground Zeroes over this.
Nonetheless, I will pick it up eventually.

P.S.: Raiden kind of sucks.

W

WALMART

I just bought Dishonored and still haven't beat Deus Ex. Both stealth shooters....and overrated.

I bought Forza Horizon too. I'll just play that. No more money to blow.

Deus Ex is the best game of this past generation, hands down. Dishonored.... not so much.

KDude

Deus Ex is the best game of this past generation, hands down. Dishonored.... not so much.

I don't like how it handles stealth. Some of the maps take a lot of real time problem solving out of it and relies on me making mistakes, so I know where guards are at on a second time around. I think there's a technical word for this kind of design, but I forgot.

W

WALMART

I don't like how it handles stealth. Some of the maps take a lot of real time problem solving out of it and relies on me making mistakes, so I know where guards are at on a second time around. I think there's a technical word for this kind of design, but I forgot.

Yeah, like trial and error.

But idk, I played on the hardest difficulty and got the achievement for never being spotted/no kills on my first play through, I don't recall having to reload THAT often...

Though some spots were incredibly difficult. I really enjoyed it. The world felt more alive than anything I've played in some time, I was engrossed that week or so I blasted through it.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now the final question remains: 360 or PS3 for MGR?

As for Crysis 3, to not get the PC version would be an insult to the original game.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
crysis 3 beta was horrid on my ps3 the resolution was complete shit not even 720P. I think I'm gonna download crysis 3, I didn't like the multiplayer in crysis 2 and the campaign is 5 hours long according to the gametrailers review. Metal gear rising seems like another short game, I hate paying 60 bucks and passing the game over the weekend.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well both IGN and Gamespot gave MGR an 8.5.

Crysis 3 got 8.5 from IGN and 7.5 from Gamespot. I hate to get a new video card so soon, but a pair of HD 7970s sounds so tempting. Oh well, I'll probably skip the HD 7000 series and wait for the 8000s.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
My HD 5770 runs really good still can run most games at 720p on max settings. I don't think graphics moved at all during the last couple a years, besides ambient occlusion and some other minor additions. I say wait a few years unless you want maxed out settings for everything you run. The next gen of systems is going to be the next stage of graphics to come.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By contrast, I am installing Crysis 3. It's a pain in the ass to multitask while installing software. I'm stick and tired of getting these legal and registration pop-ups that I have to bypass before the damn thing even begins to install.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I started playing Crysis 3, and all I could say is, "WOW!!!" The lag on Very High settings is, shall we say, unplayable (though it could partially be a driver problem). Luckily, High settings is much more tolerable. I took a break after the first level and got to see New York City as a jungle. It looked spectacular even on mere High settings. On the other hand, a lot of the shootouts in the game are a bit too busy. More later...

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Well, I started playing Crysis 3, and all I could say is, "WOW!!!" The lag on Very High settings is, shall we say, unplayable (though it could partially be a driver problem). Luckily, High settings is much more tolerable. I took a break after the first level and got to see New York City as a jungle. It looked spectacular even on mere High settings. On the other hand, a lot of the shootouts in the game are a bit too busy. More later...

Is it anything like crysis 1 and warhead? how open is the world?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it anything like crysis 1 and warhead? how open is the world?

Well, so far, it's mostly linear gameplay with different ways of achieving the objectives, but I only made it through the first level before I decided to take a break. So I'll let you know how it is when I get around to playing it again.

Right now, I'm installing MGR. Gonna try that now.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Well, so far, it's mostly linear gameplay with different ways of achieving the objectives, but I only made it through the first level before I decided to take a break. So I'll let you know how it is when I get around to playing it again.

Right now, I'm installing MGR. Gonna try that now.

Oh lame I think far cry 3 might be a better choice.

W

WALMART

How are you liking MGR, [MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION]?

I finished it on Hard yesterday, going through Very Hard now. I love it, best hack 'n slash I've played.