User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned

crysis 3 beta was horrid on my ps3 the resolution was complete shit not even 720P. I think I'm gonna download crysis 3, I didn't like the multiplayer in crysis 2 and the campaign is 5 hours long according to the gametrailers review. Metal gear rising seems like another short game, I hate paying 60 bucks and passing the game over the weekend.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well both IGN and Gamespot gave MGR an 8.5.

Crysis 3 got 8.5 from IGN and 7.5 from Gamespot. I hate to get a new video card so soon, but a pair of HD 7970s sounds so tempting. Oh well, I'll probably skip the HD 7000 series and wait for the 8000s.

Permabanned

My HD 5770 runs really good still can run most games at 720p on max settings. I don't think graphics moved at all during the last couple a years, besides ambient occlusion and some other minor additions. I say wait a few years unless you want maxed out settings for everything you run. The next gen of systems is going to be the next stage of graphics to come.

WALMART

Installing MGR to the hard drive as we speak.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

By contrast, I am installing Crysis 3. It's a pain in the ass to multitask while installing software. I'm stick and tired of getting these legal and registration pop-ups that I have to bypass before the damn thing even begins to install.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I started playing Crysis 3, and all I could say is, "WOW!!!" The lag on Very High settings is, shall we say, unplayable (though it could partially be a driver problem). Luckily, High settings is much more tolerable. I took a break after the first level and got to see New York City as a jungle. It looked spectacular even on mere High settings. On the other hand, a lot of the shootouts in the game are a bit too busy. More later...

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Well, I started playing Crysis 3, and all I could say is, "WOW!!!" The lag on Very High settings is, shall we say, unplayable (though it could partially be a driver problem). Luckily, High settings is much more tolerable. I took a break after the first level and got to see New York City as a jungle. It looked spectacular even on mere High settings. On the other hand, a lot of the shootouts in the game are a bit too busy. More later...
    Is it anything like crysis 1 and warhead? how open is the world?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Is it anything like crysis 1 and warhead? how open is the world?
    Well, so far, it's mostly linear gameplay with different ways of achieving the objectives, but I only made it through the first level before I decided to take a break. So I'll let you know how it is when I get around to playing it again.

Right now, I'm installing MGR. Gonna try that now.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Well, so far, it's mostly linear gameplay with different ways of achieving the objectives, but I only made it through the first level before I decided to take a break. So I'll let you know how it is when I get around to playing it again.

Right now, I'm installing MGR. Gonna try that now.
    Oh lame I think far cry 3 might be a better choice.

WALMART

How are you liking MGR, @The Ü?

I finished it on Hard yesterday, going through Very Hard now. I love it, best hack 'n slash I've played.