• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your fantasy reality?

R

Riva

As in almost all my threads, the title says it all. Highly efficient I am.

However there is a catch, which was the reason I started this in the Arts and Entertainment forum -

One can only choose from a published, well known novel, TV-show or movie.

So what is it? Your fantasy reality? And try to explain why.

Edit - One reason for the question is, if one manages to name a fantasy reality it probably means the novel/TV-show/movie is worth being curious at.

Last edited:
R

Riva

Mine is definitely in the United Federation of Planets of the Star Trek Universe.

Yes it has its wars but the people live in a non-materialistic, tolerant, nonjudgmental, science based, non-racial, non-religious society with equal opportunities to everyone.

I would like to highlight on the non-materialistic, tolerant aspects of it mostly.

It had reached such a state of advance science and non-religion people don't have to be tolerant, because racial and religious issues do not exist.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Being myself is already a full-time position. thank you.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Coming from you Eck, that's very cute as usual.

However -
I don't quite gather how anything I say could be interpreted as 'cute'. Except if meant in an demeaning way, in which case I will remind you that my instinctual wing is 8. you will die.

Okey. I'll play. mmhh. no im drawing a blank.
Firefly?

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like this question.

Mmm, mine would be something expansive, stylised, futuristic but also retro, full of challenging possibilities and heady philosophy being directly played out in daily life and politics. The world of Aeon Flux appeals to me for that reason, and I'd pick that first. (Yeah, pretty fucked world, but it'd be fun.)

For something a little less abstract, but still aesthetically pleasing, the broader world of Firefly also has a lot of appeal.

If I had to pick something less urban, and more rustic, it'd be the Harvest Moon universe. And if it had to be particularly old-school or fantasy, definitely the Zelda universe, especially at the time of Ocarina of Time.

R

Riva

I don't quite gather how anything I say could be interpreted as 'cute'. Except if meant in an demeaning way, in which case I will remind you that my instinctual wing is 8. you will die.

Firefly?

Ah thank you. Firefly is worth watching then I guess. A few times I've heard that it is interesting.

I like this question.

Thank you.

Mmm, mine would be something expansive, stylised, futuristic but also retro, full of challenging possibilities and heady philosophy being directly played out in daily life and politics. The world of Aeon Flux appeals to me for that reason, and I'd pick that first. (Yeah, pretty fucked world, but it'd be fun.)

For something a little less abstract, but still aesthetically pleasing, the broader world of Firefly also has a lot of appeal.

If I had to pick something less urban, and more rustic, it'd be the Harvest Moon universe. And if it had to be particularly old-school or fantasy, definitely the Zelda universe, especially at the time of Ocarina of Time.

Sadly I haven't heard of any of those. I shall look in to them. Thank you for your contribution. I relate with the highlighted.

Again Firefly.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The one I think is ideal would be the Nox from Stargate. They live in nature and have advanced technology that they use in passive/defensive ways to protect themselves from others and live sustainably on their planet. Another I like is the Minbari civilization from babylon 5 which is focused on attaining spiritual perfection. In reality neither would probably would not fit my personality though and I'd get bored eventually so in all actuality I'd probably be a member of a powerful, but chaos causing race like the Q from star trek or the Avatars from Andromeda. What I would aspire to become like is a Paradine though. I guess I think secluding yourself off from the world and creating your own pocket universe would be boring and not lead to any growth as you cycle through the same experiences again and again. I would want to interact with the world the way it is, not a "perfect" world and make it better through my actions. I think strife and conflict give value to existence by giving greater appreciation for good things.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Firefly?

They got REAVERS AND SHIT. And men with blue gloves. It's horrible.

I

Infinite Bubble

Mass Effect - It has everything; connection with other intelligent lifeforms, much more advanced technology, faster than light-speed travel to anywhere in the galaxy...

Harry Potter - I don't know, something always captivated me about this land when I was reading the books. I'd imagine being able to use magic and playing Quidditch would be brilliant. I'm taking it for granted that I'd actually be a wizard, and not a muggle, of course.

Pokemon - Call me childish, but it'd be great. It's almost the complete opposite of the real world, in the sense that it isn't dysfunctional, everything works out for the best, almost everyone is nice to each other etc, and the only criminals are some petty teams that get stopped by 10 year old kids.

And for the opposite, it would be a nightmare to live in Rapture, the world of BioShock. Drugged up maniacs from plasmids (and probably addicted to them myself), isolated in the depths of the ocean with no way to escape and crumbling under its own weight with an ongoing civil war.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ultimate Divine Light Power!

I will wish there exists some level of creation above and beyond the physical world. Here I envision a new world illuminated by the ultimate divine light power. It would be a portal into the great mental monuments of our minds. These would be reflected in this world with complete manifestation. All the souls here are unified like the stars of the firmament with bonds unbreakable. Each and every living entity respects the individuality and freedom life must share together. The beauty of this place far exceeds that of the physical world. Pain and suffering have been annihilated altogether. This has resulted from a never ending quest for universal enlightenment and the world peace that followed. Along this journey was discovered the ultimate divine light power. This illuminating force flows from the heavenly source all throughout creation. Existence flowers from this mighty life sustaining stream. From it all things spring into being and can be at will controlled. Tapping into it requires one to search for the true self. Only within will complete transcendence be accomplished. A fully self-mastered mind is liberated from all limitations. One with such might would reach the supreme level of perfection. Perfection is a state of no restrictions. Possibilities without end can be realized with all promise by such a mind. Cosmology and the course the human race takes could be directed at command. Our destinies would take shape and shine by the glories of our achievements. Such a place where wonders like these could be wrought into being could be called Heaven.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Love this thread

Oooooh I know I have one for this! :D I'll come back after I think on it.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Lesse...

Penelope, Pan's Labyrinth, Amelie, Pokemon, or The Bartimaeus Trilogy. But that's five things. Ummmmmmmmm...

The Bartimaeus Trilogy. Magic, a self-entitled protagonist, snarky djinn, corrupt politicians, and a band of rebels trying to do whatever it is revels do. What a great place to be.

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh damn, I loved the first book of Foundation like, ten years ago. I should read it again.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Swashbuckling Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate, master of insults.
Off-and-on Stan the Salesman PR rep. Spit contest award winner.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh damn, I loved the first book of Foundation like, ten years ago. I should read it again.
:yesss: !

Literally as soon as I read your description, I was like, "Asimov!"

Is that kind of the world/universe you were going for?

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yesss: !

Literally as soon as I read your description, I was like, "Asimov!"

Is that kind of the world/universe you were going for?
Pretty much, I mean, I read a lot of Asimov as a teenager and I fell out of the habit somehow. I really gotta get back into it. Easily the most satisfying sci-fi books I've read.