User Tag List

123 Last

Riva

Default What is your fantasy reality?

As in almost all my threads, the title says it all. Highly efficient I am.

However there is a catch, which was the reason I started this in the Arts and Entertainment forum -

One can only choose from a published, well known novel, TV-show or movie.

So what is it? Your fantasy reality? And try to explain why.

Edit - One reason for the question is, if one manages to name a fantasy reality it probably means the novel/TV-show/movie is worth being curious at.
    Last edited by Riva; 02-19-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Riva

Mine is definitely in the United Federation of Planets of the Star Trek Universe.

Yes it has its wars but the people live in a non-materialistic, tolerant, nonjudgmental, science based, non-racial, non-religious society with equal opportunities to everyone.

I would like to highlight on the non-materialistic, tolerant aspects of it mostly.

It had reached such a state of advance science and non-religion people don't have to be tolerant, because racial and religious issues do not exist.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Being myself is already a full-time position. thank you.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Being myself is already a full-time position. thank you.
    Coming from you Eck, that's very cute as usual.

However -

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    However there is a catch, which was the reason I started this in the Arts and Entertainment forum -

One can only choose from a published, well known novel, TV-show or movie.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Coming from you Eck, that's very cute as usual.

However -
    I don't quite gather how anything I say could be interpreted as 'cute'. Except if meant in an demeaning way, in which case I will remind you that my instinctual wing is 8. you will die.

Okey. I'll play. mmhh. no im drawing a blank.
    Firefly?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I like this question.

Mmm, mine would be something expansive, stylised, futuristic but also retro, full of challenging possibilities and heady philosophy being directly played out in daily life and politics. The world of Aeon Flux appeals to me for that reason, and I'd pick that first. (Yeah, pretty fucked world, but it'd be fun.)

For something a little less abstract, but still aesthetically pleasing, the broader world of Firefly also has a lot of appeal.

If I had to pick something less urban, and more rustic, it'd be the Harvest Moon universe. And if it had to be particularly old-school or fantasy, definitely the Zelda universe, especially at the time of Ocarina of Time.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.

Riva

I don't quite gather how anything I say could be interpreted as 'cute'. Except if meant in an demeaning way, in which case I will remind you that my instinctual wing is 8. you will die.

Firefly?
    Ah thank you. Firefly is worth watching then I guess. A few times I've heard that it is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpravity View Post
    I like this question.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpravity View Post
    Mmm, mine would be something expansive, stylised, futuristic but also retro, full of challenging possibilities and heady philosophy being directly played out in daily life and politics. The world of Aeon Flux appeals to me for that reason, and I'd pick that first. (Yeah, pretty fucked world, but it'd be fun.)

For something a little less abstract, but still aesthetically pleasing, the broader world of Firefly also has a lot of appeal.

If I had to pick something less urban, and more rustic, it'd be the Harvest Moon universe. And if it had to be particularly old-school or fantasy, definitely the Zelda universe, especially at the time of Ocarina of Time.
    Sadly I haven't heard of any of those. I shall look in to them. Thank you for your contribution. I relate with the highlighted.

Again Firefly.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

The one I think is ideal would be the Nox from Stargate. They live in nature and have advanced technology that they use in passive/defensive ways to protect themselves from others and live sustainably on their planet. Another I like is the Minbari civilization from babylon 5 which is focused on attaining spiritual perfection. In reality neither would probably would not fit my personality though and I'd get bored eventually so in all actuality I'd probably be a member of a powerful, but chaos causing race like the Q from star trek or the Avatars from Andromeda. What I would aspire to become like is a Paradine though. I guess I think secluding yourself off from the world and creating your own pocket universe would be boring and not lead to any growth as you cycle through the same experiences again and again. I would want to interact with the world the way it is, not a "perfect" world and make it better through my actions. I think strife and conflict give value to existence by giving greater appreciation for good things.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Firefly?
    They got REAVERS AND SHIT. And men with blue gloves. It's horrible.

Infinite Bubble

Mass Effect - It has everything; connection with other intelligent lifeforms, much more advanced technology, faster than light-speed travel to anywhere in the galaxy...

Harry Potter - I don't know, something always captivated me about this land when I was reading the books. I'd imagine being able to use magic and playing Quidditch would be brilliant. I'm taking it for granted that I'd actually be a wizard, and not a muggle, of course.

Pokemon - Call me childish, but it'd be great. It's almost the complete opposite of the real world, in the sense that it isn't dysfunctional, everything works out for the best, almost everyone is nice to each other etc, and the only criminals are some petty teams that get stopped by 10 year old kids.

And for the opposite, it would be a nightmare to live in Rapture, the world of BioShock. Drugged up maniacs from plasmids (and probably addicted to them myself), isolated in the depths of the ocean with no way to escape and crumbling under its own weight with an ongoing civil war.