• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your fantasy reality?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
i'm sure u can find someone to put on a mask and rape u even in this reality

Yeah but you just can't beat that special touch of auto scarification and sewing people's skin onto your own face etc.

It's the little things that makes these moments sweet and memorable.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah but you just can't beat that special touch of auto scarification and sewing people's skin onto your own face etc.

It's the little things that makes these moments sweet and memorable.
perhaps subject yourself to a pack of wild predatory animals

R

Riva

I expected more replies to this thread.

Another - rivendell or any elvish kingdom/society.

Reasons - knowledge seeking society based in an equality based culture. And though there is a monarch/hierarchy I could live with that.

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
X-MEN, Avatar the last airbender and Harry Potter.

Definetly.

S

Society

some of the answers surprise me...
i mean, we're picking just the setting, right? so you'd' be yourself in that setting?

for example, if you're in the harry potter universe, you would most likely be a mogul in a world with randomly picked people with powers much greater then your own, summoning demons you've had no ability to fight or defend yourself from.
if you live in the world of the x-men, you are most likely a normal human being in a world where people more powerful then you can fucking control your mind, shapeshift into your SO to kill you, or simply get you harmed by accidently have their glasses fall off.
if you live in the world of star trek, guess what, the federation practically has martial law over nearly a quarter of the fucking galaxy. it might be fun from the point of view of a military officer, but have you ever seen civilian life under martial law? i can't imagine its very liberating.

i would go with the diamond age by neal stephenson, because it's a great combination of good life and creative destruction to society's never-ending restructuring in the face of collapse, a sea of opportunities.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Mine is definitely in the United Federation of Planets of the Star Trek Universe.

Yes it has its wars but the people live in a non-materialistic, tolerant, nonjudgmental, science based, non-racial, non-religious society with equal opportunities to everyone.

Assuming that I'm just a regular guy, or "me" as Mane mentioned, Star Trek has to be near the top of the list. My impression of that universe is like you mention, Riva (and not Mane's martial law one). I'd also have to throw in the "Mathic World" in Neal Stephenson's Anathem. Granted, one of the themes of the book is escaping the semi-forced seclusion of the "maths" (for those who haven't read it, think "academic, secular co-ed monastery") -- a low-stress, non-materialistic, secular environment based around simple hobbies, books, and intellectual debate sounds pretty appealing.

Now, if you were to go on the typical assumption on these threads that I could be one of the "objectively exceptional" people, my answer may be a little different. Harry Potter comes to mind rather easily, even if that school is a downright dangerous place for children. Of course Harry Potter would have to come in second place to the Star Wars universe and "Jedi Kelric". I think I'd make a pretty awesome Jedi :)laugh:).

Probably the world of Geralt of Rivia in the Witcher series. As long as I'm a Witcher of course. Shooting fire out of my hand and killing nasties with a silver blade sounds fun despite the constant ridicule and scorn you'd receive from an ignorant and superstitious populace. The complete lack of emotions might be a downer but hey, I wouldn't be sad about not be able to be sad, or happy, or angry.