User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: House of Cards

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm four eps in. Holding on talking about it until I'm done watching the season, except for two things:

1) The Russian president is SO much more interesting than either Tusk or the Chinese businessman from season 2. Amazing acting helps, plus all his great zingers. (The "artist" one is my favorite so far.)

2) When watching episode 1 with roommates, I couldn't help but burst into song:

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm avoiding saying much, since it's the first day after it released.

I just finished episode 5.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm four eps in. Holding on talking about it until I'm done watching the season, except for two things:

1) The Russian president is SO much more interesting than either Tusk or the Chinese businessman from season 2. Amazing acting helps, plus all his great zingers. (The "artist" one is my favorite so far.)
    I should have been writing down some of his lines. He was just that good.

2) When watching episode 1 with roommates, I couldn't help but burst into song:

Also, I must express my joy over seeing more of Elizabeth Marvel (Dunbar). I like her immensely and she's popped up in other movies I like. She's in the same kind of category as Molly Parker (Jackie) -- actors who can easily play women who are feminine while still easily being tough as nails and undaunted by any challenge. They don't even blink at confrontation.

There's a great scene with Claire and Alexi in E5. I won't say any more. You'll recognize it when it happens.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have about 30 minutes to go. (Yes, I'm partway through the last episode but then had to leave for work.)

It's an interesting season, due to the change of (1) Frank having to move from the offensive to the defensive much of the time and (2) the shift from plot-based drama into more character development. This season has more soul-searching in it, I think, than prior seasons.

It's not really a spoiler to say that Frank is really his own worst enemy. Typically when solving one problem, he creates another (if not more); and his need to constantly be in control can erode the loyalty of even his most faithful.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Jennifer Just finished episode 7.

Last edited by EJCC; 03-02-2015 at 03:52 PM. Reason: lots and lots of clarification

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

One thing I'd like to discuss as more people finish the season is the evolution of Heather Dunbar over the course of Season 3. I cannot comment further on that as it involves various spoilers, but it's interesting to see what changes occur as the story unfolds.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

OH I FORGOT TO MENTION

Edit:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

OH I FORGOT TO MENTION

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I KNOW. I saw it and misinterpreted it and actually yelled at the screen. "NO! DAMMIT! NO! WHY?!"

I was not actually a fan of that. It was funny, but it was also the least subtle metaphor ever, lol.

On the other hand, I WAS a fan of...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was not actually a fan of that. It was funny, but it was also the least subtle metaphor ever, lol.
    Honestly, I was kind of shocked and appalled, which was delightful, but also... still appalled. Also, flashbacks to "The Omen" or something. Jeeez.

On the other hand, I WAS a fan of...

I liked that, and it seemed a little more realistic than the other thing, actually. I could see someone in that situation doing that. It was just mixing it in that scene where we first see it... that was a really interesting scene.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Done.

The last episode is pretty dark, from a psychological standpoint. I saw some of it coming from a mile away. There were one or two other things that I wasn't sure about until they happened. Season 2 ended with some delicious enthusiasm, with Frank the anti-hero getting what he wanted, this season seems to end on a much heavier note.