• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music that guided you through a tough time in your life

I

Infinite Bubble

Perhaps you were depressed, going nowhere in your life, end of a relationship etc. Post music/songs that helped you get through these hard times.

Couple of mine:

G

Glycerine

Iris- Goo Goo Dolls

Away from the Sun- 3 Doors Down

So Far Away- Staind

Never Let You Go- Third Eye Blind

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
One of the most intense feels I’ve had is when I put this song on, started my run towards the Atlantic Ocean, and it soon began to rain. In fact, a rather turbulent lightning storm fell upon me. The combination of feeling a runner’s high (It had been about 8 miles at that point), rain hitting my face, slight threat of lightening causing me severe harm in some way, this song, and the lyrics to it, literally feeling as though a part of me, was extending its hand out to this other, distraught and lost version of me...came together in the most beautiful expression. It was around this time I was experiencing the lowest self esteem and sense of self worth in myself, and though it felt bleak, part of me knew deep down, I was going to make it. And I continued to run. I ran the longest distance than ever before. I was no longer present in this world, for a brief moment within that run, I felt relief and hope, which I would then utilize and tap into, to get me through bad days that were to follow shortly after this run.

Not sure it was a guide in a spiritual sense but it helped navigate me through a very rough time (along with some good er non traditional medicine, sorry kids just say no) Hey it was my early twenties a very interesting time in my life. :biggrin:

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp