Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters"

Alright, based on this post, as promised, I said I'd create a separate, more detailed thread about the new movie starring Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton, Peter Stormare, and Famke Janssen. And for a January release with no advance press screening for the critics and a post-release 18 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, this movie is a goddamn bloody masterpiece...yes, it has blood, and some of the best-looking CG blood I've seen in recent years, I might add, not to mention some excellent 3D, and colorful performances by all the major actors, particularly Stormare (who is always fun to watch) and Janssen as the main antagonist. The music was scored by yet another composer lifted by Hans Zimmer named Atli Örvarsson, and once again, this Hans Zimmer offspring joins the ranks of Steve Jablonsky, Harry Gregson-Williams, and Klaus Badelt in actually being better than the overrated hack that trained them. Oh yes, and "Bundy" by Animal Alpha is played during the end credits.

One thing that puzzles me, however, is why is Jeremy Renner all of a sudden becoming an action star? He's been in the movie industry in more low-key roles...I think the guy's got potential, don't get me wrong, but why so late?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    One thing that puzzles me, however, is why is Jeremy Renner all of a sudden becoming an action star? He's been in the movie industry in more low-key roles...I think the guy's got potential, don't get me wrong, but why so late?
    How many movies did it take for Matt Damon to really become known as an action star?

Maybe Renner just didn't really think of himself as such, then realized he could do it. Bourne Legacy didn't a ton of acclaim either, but I thought Renner was believable and solid.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Oh Famke, you are so hot and yet you do such stupid films.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I hope they make a sequel and that she's in it.

She's probably the best supermodel turned actress. She's getting old though (not a problem with me), and starting to direct more.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    She's probably the best supermodel turned actress. She's getting old though (not a problem with me), and starting to direct more.
    She's almost 50, and looks amazing for her age. She either bathes in virgins' blood or her plastic surgeon is an artist.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    She's almost 50, and looks amazing for her age. She either bathes in virgins' blood or her plastic surgeon is an artist.
    Oh, I think so too. It's only that I caught something awhile back about her wanting to transition to writing and directing, and getting tired of the vainer side of Hollywood (she mentioned plastic surgery too and being tempted to it).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, she is OCM™.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

I have an ambiguous feeling about this movie. I think it will probably be a good action movie, but I don't like the change in the original story for mass consumption.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah...I'm not seeing this garbage.
    And WTF is "OCM"?