User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

Default JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars 7

Heard about this recently. I love Star Wars and JJ Abrams. I don’t know what he has in mind yet, but I’d like to see him take on the New Jedi Order series, which is set about 20 years after Return of the Jedi. The galaxy is invaded by warrior aliens from another galaxy who are totally immune to “Jedi mind tricks”. They’re like Attila the Hun and his armies invading Europe, and make you long for the good old days when the Empire was in power. The books in the series are too ponderous—and there are like 20 of them—written more for super duper geeks who are spellbound by all the technical jargon (the same kind of people who learn how to speak Vulcan). I could only stand reading a few of them. But the storyline would great for a film series if they could shorten it, though a TV series would probably be a better format.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

That would be pretty dang freaking sick nasty to have the genius behind the Star Trek movie to also direct Star Wars!

So trancemode, do you know what ideas he has recently moved into development for the creation of this new film?

I hope he diverts the focus less towards action, and more towards the amazing Force in the Star Wars Universe, and the amazing themes it has invoked within this timeless saga!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's kind of "new" news that abrams is directing at all, since back in November or so he claimed he wasn't interested. Either he was lying, or somehow someone sweetened the deal, or he had time to let it sit and percolate and suddenly started having ideas about what he might do.

Since the announcement just came out, I don't think there is any info yet on what the content of the movie might be.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    So trancemode, do you know what ideas he has recently moved into development for the creation of this new film?
    I heard the announcement yesterday, so I imagine it’s in the earliest phases of production.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

But I think it is supposed to release in 2015-16? For a Star Wars film, they need to basically start design work on it pretty quickly, to get it out by then.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Since the announcement just came out, I don't think there is any info yet on what the content of the movie might be.
    Not sure about plot details, but it's definitely Episode VII, it's not some tangential offshoot of the Star Wars universe. Some superfan might be able to dig this up, but I'm not sure if George Lucas ever publicly shared the plot of the third trilogy.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    That would be pretty dang freaking sick nasty to have the genius behind the Star Trek movie to also direct Star Wars!
    Gene Roddenberry died some time ago.
    Calling that asshole Abrams "genius" is pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Gene Roddenberry died some time ago.
    Calling that asshole Abrams "genius" is pushing it.
    I'm tempted to agree ... but at the same time, time to embrace the new .. considering there really isn't a choice otherwise.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

can't they stop with star wars and maybe increment on indiana jones...... or back to the future? the star wars saga has already given what it had to give.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I'm tempted to agree ... but at the same time, time to embrace the new .. considering there really isn't a choice otherwise.
    I'm not embracing this. I'm going with another choice:
    I'm opting out. I'm going to sit on the sidelines and hope it bombs.

No more CGI-heavy Star Wars. Boo, hoo, hoo.

As pinkgraffiti said: It has been played out for some time.