User Tag List

First 12

Thread: The Americans

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    Just saw the second episode. I'm liking the way they do this show. It's expertly crafted.
    Episode 3 looks interesting. I now find myself attracted to Keri Russell. I did not foresee this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    And Tusk! Major points for that too (even though it's technically 70s)!

I just saw the pilot tonight. I liked what I saw but still feel it could go either way. As long as they can keep up that sort of writing, I will stick with it.
    I didn't like episode 2 as much as the first one, but I think the show has a lot of potential. Only time will tell.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

The Cold War is what got me into international relations and politics in the first place.

Been watching.

So far, it's exceeded my expectations.

Epiphany

This episode was a lot better than last week, in my opinion. And Elizabeth is smoking hot with red hair. Espionage is a dirty job. Phillip redeemed himself a bit by attempting to protect Robert's wife. It shows that his humanity still exists underneath that cold, objective facade. The suspense involving their double-lives remains intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The Cold War is what got me into international relations and politics in the first place.

Been watching.

So far, it's exceeded my expectations.
    I appreciate how the writers make the viewers care about both sides instead of villainizing one and glorifying the other, as is common in war.

The plot development is coming along very well. This is the kind of TV series that has to be judged in its totality. I am beginning to love this show. Previous episodes which kind of rubbed me the wrong way, are now beginning to appear very relevant. The writers are doing a heck of a job, IMO. The acting is superb and they're making the Cold War atmosphere seem as realistic as possible. It's just satisfying to see TV the way it should be. Of course, all of this is subjective; I do have to admit I have quite a fascination with the Cold War period. For someone who doesn't, I'm not sure exactly how this show would seem.

Epiphany

I've enjoyed this series, as well. I need to catch up on this week's episode. Admittedly, I don't know much about the Cold War, but the espionage drama is intriguing. It'll be interesting to see where this show goes.