User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ

This is also why one should not Break the Cutie lest it become Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    In the original there was a way to placate her, it was copying and sending on the tape. If you did that, you were spared.

The same thing happens there except when the deaths continue, the one girl who survived put two and two together and realized that what saved her from death was that she copied the tape and sent it to somebody.

Edit: this is true in the remake as well, now that I remember.
    Yeah, but I don't consider that reasonable or forgiving. That's still a reign of terror -- to have your pnly refuge be to place others in the role of potential victim, it just expands her victim base, potentially.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, but I don't consider that reasonable or forgiving. That's still a reign of terror -- to have your pnly refuge be to place others in the role of potential victim, it just expands her victim base, potentially.
    Nah. I think she would just want connection in the form of sharing her pain. Yeah, somebody dug her up and hugged her bones, but really she wasn't there - she was still alone.

I don't think the tapes would have been a cry for help. It's not exactly forcing anyone into anything until they watch the tape, and if they brush off her feelings contained therein by ignoring it, it's then that she becomes angry and kills the person.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I always wondered if two people were stuck in the situation anyways--couldn't they just set up something so that they send each other the tape back and forth? Or did it have to be a different person? Did it only save you once to do that, or every time you did it? It was all really vague with the conditions and standards.

Anyways, while I am too broke to see this movie right now, I am looking forward to it being at the showboat drive-in theater since I get in that one for free
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTx

Looked like another generic and cliche neo-horror film from the trailers I've seen. The name makes me laugh too. Won't be seeing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I always wondered if two people were stuck in the situation anyways--couldn't they just set up something so that they send each other the tape back and forth? Or did it have to be a different person? Did it only save you once to do that, or every time you did it? It was all really vague with the conditions and standards.
    Well, isn't that how the Asian films kind of work? Great imagery, not so great with logic. The American version is also very imagery and ambiance focused, not as much on what makes sense. (Not that American horror flicks have a lot of sensibility at times either.)

I think since she could watch the film multiple times, but there was only one death sentence, that you could only really copy the film once. Once you copied the film, you were good to go.

So what happens if you copy the film without having watched it? Do you get some kind of buku supernatural privileges or something, like a "get out of jail free card" to spend elsewhere?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, isn't that how the Asian films kind of work? Great imagery, not so great with logic. The American version is also very imagery and ambiance focused, not as much on what makes sense. (Not that American horror flicks have a lot of sensibility at times either.)

I think since she could watch the film multiple times, but there was only one death sentence, that you could only really copy the film once. Once you copied the film, you were good to go.

So what happens if you copy the film without having watched it? Do you get some kind of buku supernatural privileges or something, like a "get out of jail free card" to spend elsewhere?
    Wouldn't that be awesome?! It'd be like a summoning sequence from final fantasy, only scary.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge