• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"The Last Stand"

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I can say is this movie is worthy of a Movie Rev'Ü™, it's that great, but maybe I'll post a Rev'Ü™ of it later this weekend, after I see Mama. Man, this may just be the best January for movies ever.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I can say is this movie is worthy of a Movie Rev'Ü™, it's that great, but maybe I'll post a Rev'Ü™ of it later this weekend, after I see Mama. Man, this may just be the best January for movies ever.

The trailers for Mama look hilarious, to me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
sünds güod ! I havent heard about the movie yet, but it isnt the movie to the book of Stephen King, no ?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll give it a chance. The writer/director managed to make me shed tears with Pan's Labryinth. :coffee:

Tears of laughter? :huh:

I never saw that movie. If it moved you to tears that were not from amusement, I'll have to check it out. No movie ever made me cry, but it's interesting to see what gets other people's waterworks going.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sünds güod ! I havent heard about the movie yet, but it isnt the movie to the book of Stephen King, no ?

You're thinking of The Stand, I believe.

KDude

Tears of laughter? :huh:

I never saw that movie. If it moved you to tears that were not from amusement, I'll have to check it out. No movie ever made me cry, but it's interesting to see what gets other people's waterworks going.

I have a soft spot for kids. Especially ones who grow up in this world.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a soft spot for kids. Especially ones who grow up in this world.

Aw, baby Fe at work. :boohoo:

I've heard good things about that movie, but just never got around to seeing it. Walked into my friend's apt when they were finishing it.. saw some freaky goat-monster, and just backed out of the room so I wouldn't spoil the movie for myself.

I

Infinite Bubble

Haha, that's what I thought too. Not really interested in watching it now. Maybe if it gets good reviews.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll give it a chance. The writer/director managed to make me shed tears with Pan's Labryinth. :coffee:

Sorry, Guillermo Del Toro is just an executive producer for Mama, which basically means he's the producer's boss.

And Pan's Labyrinth was a pile of shit. Thankfully, Del Toro worked out nearly all the kicks with Hellboy 2, which was every bit as good as, if not better than, the first Hellboy.

What is your opinion on his upcoming Pacific Rim?

Anyway, about The Last Stand, it was the best movie that could've come out of a 65-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger, and yes, it is pretty damn good. One thing I wonder, though. You think that Arnold's Austrian accent would've disappeared by now since he's been in America for a good long while (like Mel Gibson). Does anyone think that maybe he just uses the Austrian accent as part of his shtick?

KDude

Sorry, Guillermo Del Toro is just an executive producer for Mama, which basically means he's the producer's boss.

And Pan's Labyrinth was a pile of shit. Thankfully, Del Toro worked out nearly all the kicks with Hellboy 2, which was every bit as good as, if not better than, the first Hellboy.

What is your opinion on his upcoming Pacific Rim?

Anyway, about The Last Stand, it was the best movie that could've come out of a 65-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger, and yes, it is pretty damn good. One thing I wonder, though. You think that Arnold's Austrian accent would've disappeared by now since he's been in America for a good long while (like Mel Gibson). Does anyone think that maybe he just uses the Austrian accent as part of his shtick?

I don't know anything about pacific rim. Didn't really care for the Hellboy movies (not bad either.. just kind of "whatever"). I can't find much wrong with Pan's Labyrinth though. I don't know anyone who has disliked it until now.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm going to see The Last Stand next week sometime.
Ah-nuld is one of my favorite actors of all time. Seriously.

P.S.: Pacific Rim is gonna be the balls.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I can't find much wrong with Pan's Labyrinth though. I don't know anyone who has disliked it until now.

My ESFP ex and I saw it with great expectations, and we both felt very let down by the end.

We both have impeccable taste, so I'm sorry, the answer is that it was bad. :p

I've actually noticed this phenomenon with that movie.

People's opinions are highly binary about it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw "Mama" last night. It scored a 61% on RT and that's about right. I wasn't expecting some glorious masterpiece, and it wasn't, but it's not like a "laughably bad" movie either and had some pretty effective "creep" moments even if some of those also were openly manipulative.

The entity seems modeled more on the Asian concept of ghost (think "The Grudge") but with Del Toro sensibilities like in Pan's Labyrinth, so there's not as much secrecy about the entity... especially the ending. I have to say the ending did make sense based on what occurred within the story, but it's not what an American audience would expect... and I don't really want to say more about it. I'm not sure if I liked it, but I sure did appreciate something different.

I have to say the feral girls were damned creepy. I've read and watched footage of feral kids before, and watching these kids (especially the younger one, who still has a lot of feral traits because she wasn't very old when the kids were lost, and so she had no real human foundation to start with) made my skin crawl. The behavior continues throughout the movie.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I love how this thread about one movie has quickly devolved into a discussion about three others.