User Tag List

First 12

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    sünds güod ! I havent heard about the movie yet, but it isnt the movie to the book of Stephen King, no ?
    Haha, that's what I thought too. Not really interested in watching it now. Maybe if it gets good reviews.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    You're thinking of The Stand, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Haha, that's what I thought too. Not really interested in watching it now. Maybe if it gets good reviews.
    Ah yes 'The Stand' been a long time since I read that. Well the movie sucked but the book was pretty good.
    Was one of the books I learnt english with.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'll give it a chance. The writer/director managed to make me shed tears with Pan's Labryinth.
    Sorry, Guillermo Del Toro is just an executive producer for Mama, which basically means he's the producer's boss.

And Pan's Labyrinth was a pile of shit. Thankfully, Del Toro worked out nearly all the kicks with Hellboy 2, which was every bit as good as, if not better than, the first Hellboy.

What is your opinion on his upcoming Pacific Rim?

Anyway, about The Last Stand, it was the best movie that could've come out of a 65-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger, and yes, it is pretty damn good. One thing I wonder, though. You think that Arnold's Austrian accent would've disappeared by now since he's been in America for a good long while (like Mel Gibson). Does anyone think that maybe he just uses the Austrian accent as part of his shtick?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Sorry, Guillermo Del Toro is just an executive producer for Mama, which basically means he's the producer's boss.

And Pan's Labyrinth was a pile of shit. Thankfully, Del Toro worked out nearly all the kicks with Hellboy 2, which was every bit as good as, if not better than, the first Hellboy.

What is your opinion on his upcoming Pacific Rim?

Anyway, about The Last Stand, it was the best movie that could've come out of a 65-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger, and yes, it is pretty damn good. One thing I wonder, though. You think that Arnold's Austrian accent would've disappeared by now since he's been in America for a good long while (like Mel Gibson). Does anyone think that maybe he just uses the Austrian accent as part of his shtick?
    I don't know anything about pacific rim. Didn't really care for the Hellboy movies (not bad either.. just kind of "whatever"). I can't find much wrong with Pan's Labyrinth though. I don't know anyone who has disliked it until now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know anything about pacific rim.
    Well, let me fill you in!

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I'm going to see The Last Stand next week sometime.
    Ah-nuld is one of my favorite actors of all time. Seriously.

P.S.: Pacific Rim is gonna be the balls.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I can't find much wrong with Pan's Labyrinth though. I don't know anyone who has disliked it until now.
    My ESFP ex and I saw it with great expectations, and we both felt very let down by the end.

We both have impeccable taste, so I'm sorry, the answer is that it was bad. :P

I've actually noticed this phenomenon with that movie.

People's opinions are highly binary about it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I saw "Mama" last night. It scored a 61% on RT and that's about right. I wasn't expecting some glorious masterpiece, and it wasn't, but it's not like a "laughably bad" movie either and had some pretty effective "creep" moments even if some of those also were openly manipulative.

The entity seems modeled more on the Asian concept of ghost (think "The Grudge") but with Del Toro sensibilities like in Pan's Labyrinth, so there's not as much secrecy about the entity... especially the ending. I have to say the ending did make sense based on what occurred within the story, but it's not what an American audience would expect... and I don't really want to say more about it. I'm not sure if I liked it, but I sure did appreciate something different.

I have to say the feral girls were damned creepy. I've read and watched footage of feral kids before, and watching these kids (especially the younger one, who still has a lot of feral traits because she wasn't very old when the kids were lost, and so she had no real human foundation to start with) made my skin crawl. The behavior continues throughout the movie.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I love how this thread about one movie has quickly devolved into a discussion about three others.