• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lets hear YOUR compositions

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
What's your original music like? Stuff that you made, not played. Let's hear it.

This is the last song I made I think before I quit a few years ago.

This is one of the first experimental tunes I did many moons ago (I put it up in 09 but I think I made it several years before that even)

I made this by hand drawing sound wave forms. It was the first time I ever drew wave forms so the quality isn't high.

I

Infinite Bubble

I haven't got any Youtube videos of them, but I have some MIDI files you could listen to if you wanted. I haven't recorded them on real instruments yet though, so it'll only be fairly low quality MIDI sounds from the program I used.

How long have you been writing/producing music? I like it, reminds me a bit of Daft Punk, who are awesome IMO.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I made this by hand drawing sound wave forms. It was the first time I ever drew wave forms so the quality isn't high.
Cool, I like concept pieces or "projects" like that.

I'm almost finished with a composition of mine. But same problem as [MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] , I have to find a way to share this sound file with other people who don't have the writing-program I'm using.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I haven't got any Youtube videos of them, but I have some MIDI files you could listen to if you wanted. I haven't recorded them on real instruments yet though, so it'll only be fairly low quality MIDI sounds from the program I used.

How long have you been writing/producing music? I like it, reminds me a bit of Daft Punk, who are awesome IMO.

I'd like to hear anything. :)

I did electronic music off and on since the '90s

I've mashed around on piano and guitar since I was 8 but I don't record that. I think I feel too personal about it or something.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Cool, I like concept pieces or "projects" like that.

I'm almost finished with a composition of mine. But same problem as [MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] , I have to find a way to share this sound file with other people who don't have the writing-program I'm using.

Yeah, doing stuff in new ways is fun. Drawing wave forms taught me more about how sounds work, too.

Some times when I'd have a format issue I would use something like Audacity to record it.

G

garbage

Whoa, that last one is almost like a chiptunes Daft Punk. Bitchin'.

--

I designed and built that guitar pedal behind this one.

This one is representative of the usual style (albeit.. well.. faster and shorter). Along with some others, it'll get some vocals thrown behind it once I get a mic that isn't an absolute piece of shit.

This one is the sequenced theme to one of my more complex vidya game projects.

This one is 7 goddamn minutes long which is notable because I never write 7 goddamn minute long songs.

--
[MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] [MENTION=4883]Cimarron[/MENTION]

If nothing else, you could loopback the audio--either by connecting speaker and mic by a cable, or by this method, and playing the audio and recording it to a wav file. It's not as bad as it sounds to pull off, honest.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
[MENTION=16071]sprinkles[/MENTION]

Totally awesome stuff! :happy2: I'm so envious of people who can compose, it seems like such a cool talent.

Permabanned

I like Tekunoroji, nice rhythm. :thumbup:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a few links in my 100 % real blog [click below avatar].

Excellent! What's your setup like? I notice your sound is a lot fuller than mine. But I've always had trash headphones because I bes poor.

Permabanned
Excellent! What's your setup like? I notice your sound is a lot fuller than mine. But I've always had trash headphones because I bes poor.

2CCNZR7b

Ultrasone HFI 650 headphones
CME UF8 master keyboard midi controller
M-audio 02 midi controller
Korg Padkontrol midi controller
Behringer BCR2000 midi controller

not seen:
Vintage V100-BB Goldtop electric guitar
Harley Benton 5 string fretless electric bass
Roland JX-3P Analog synth
Bamboo C# Didjeridoo
Custom made rice shaker

DAWs: mostly Reaper & Reason
Several vst instruments [synths, piano, drum machines] & effects.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=16071]sprinkles[/MENTION]

Totally awesome stuff! :happy2: I'm so envious of people who can compose, it seems like such a cool talent.

It's fun but some times frustrating. I also think it's more a learned thing than a talent.

You kinda just have to tool around at first and let your influences come in. Don't fight the feelin', as they say. Once you know what notes sound good together and get a good rhythm, a groove just sort of comes out. The more you do it the more elaborate you can make them.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
2CCNZR7b

Ultrasone HFI 650 headphones
CME UF8 master keyboard midi controller
M-audio 02 midi controller
Korg Padkontrol midi controller
Behringer BCR2000 midi controller

not seen:
Vintage V100-BB Goldtop electric guitar
Harley Benton 5 string fretless electric bass
Roland JX-3P Analog synth
Bamboo C# Didjeridoo
Custom made rice shaker

DAWs: mostly Reaper & Reason
Several vst instruments [synths, piano, drum machines] & effects.

Wow. :happy2:

I rarely have envy but I'd love that. Part of what killed me in electronic music was doing everything with a mouse. Those songs up there? Done with a mouse. And plotting shit one by one. It feels tedious and limiting especially when stuff doesn't turn out right and I can't groove in real time.

Permabanned
It's fun but some times frustrating. I also think it's more a learned thing than a talent.

You kinda just have to tool around at first and let your influences come in. Don't fight the feelin', as they say. Once you know what notes sound good together and get a good rhythm, a groove just sort of comes out. The more you do it the more elaborate you can make them.

We must collab. :yes:

I've already attempted something with [MENTION=4883]Cimarron[/MENTION] & sent the stems to [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] to add more layers, many moons ago, but being a mod is a busy lyf :whistling:

Permabanned
Wow. :happy2:

I rarely have envy but I'd love that. Part of what killed me in electronic music was doing everything with a mouse. Those songs up there? Done with a mouse. And plotting shit one by one. It feels tedious and limiting especially when stuff doesn't turn out right and I can't groove in real time.

Ah, don't be fooled, I rarely touch most of it nowadays, it was just gearlust for having control over stuff, but I've refined my process over time and can do just about anything with the 2 octave kbd. I do like the piano for composing/exploring/improv, and usually have the padkontrol bound to a drum machine to lay rhythms, although the 02's half height keys work fine for drums too.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
We must collab. :yes:

I've already attempted something with [MENTION=4883]Cimarron[/MENTION] & sent the stems to [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] to add more layers, many moons ago, but being a mod is a busy lyf :whistling:

I'd have to get my programs set back up, unless you like doing sample chops? I used to do that in Milky Tracker and that's easy to set up so I could probably do beats or something. Or chop stuff myself.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Also u herd I liek pitchbends?

Sorry, no more being self... something whatever.

Permabanned
I'd have to get my programs set back up, unless you like doing sample chops? I used to do that in Milky Tracker and that's easy to set up so I could probably do beats or something. Or chop stuff myself.

Whatever works for you. I don't have any preferred method, usually I like to build my own sounds, can use samples and do chops if necessary, that itself can be an artform see Kutiman
GirlTalk

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's right, I was thinking about that yesterday!