User Tag List

First 123

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Didn't see the 33 days part. Well shit then, go everywhere!
    Pretty sure that my employers would shit themselves if I wanted to take all 33 days as a block though

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    On the west coast there's a lot of beautiful attractions. My plan is to go to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon and then take good ole' route 66 (even though now there's another, faster highway) to Big Sur and then work my way through California.

But there's a lot of genuinely beautiful attractions on the west coast if nature if what you're into.

If it's city life and luxury you want, I definitely recommend Vegas. You can get lots of hustle, luxury, and REALLY cool shows for cheap there if you plan ahead. (We didn't plan ahead at all and ended up getting discounted tickets to Cirque)

I can't vouch for New York, but I know it's huge and there is lots to do there too. But, since I like nature more than city life, I'll opt for suggesting the West coast.
    I definitely plan on visiting Vegas some day, although I know that can be booked as a package deal if you plan ahead, I know two people who've done it before and I've always thought about taking my dad there some day because he likes to play the one armed bandits and I like dice, roulette and most card games were other people are playing rather than trying to beat the house.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Are you interested more in urban stuff and city tourism or natural sights?

I agree with that intj chick's suggestion. Definitely do east coast or west coast as those have the most famous sights/landmarks. If I were to do east coast, I'd definitely say new york and miami would be at the top of my list. For the west coast you have sooo many options. You can do vegas, san siego, make a foray into mexico maybe tj or something, hit the san diego zoo and sea world (zoo it one of the best in the world), then go up to LA which has LOTS and LOTS but don't forget orange county which has a lot of beautiful beaches on the way up, hit disneyland and the hard rock cafe maybe the laugh factory and santa monica (I run into a lot of UKers there for some reason), then go up the coast and hit solvang, hearst castle, maybe pismo beach, big sur, and lake tahoe, then on to san francisco (skip oakland trust me), do fisherman's wharf etc then yeah I would definitely go to portland, seattle (very lovely city), and vancouver. If you do go to the east coast then hit up montreal
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Glycerine

Mall of America if you have a layover in Minnesota. Seattle, Washington is pretty cool but it might be too liberal for you.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

unless dying factory towns and lots and lots of corn fields are your thing, I don't particularly recommend my own state as a tourist destination... our biggest virtue as a state is that it's a small one

on the other hand, I'd suggest hitting the Blue Ridge Mts around Asheville, NC and then cutting over to Savannah, GA... lovely, lovely, lovely
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    unless dying factory towns and lots and lots of corn fields are your thing, I don't particularly recommend my own state as a tourist destination... our biggest virtue as a state is that it's a small one

on the other hand, I'd suggest hitting the Blue Ridge Mts around Asheville, NC and then cutting over to Savannah, GA... lovely, lovely, lovely
    For southern swing that's a really good idea. It's a great way to fit in the best of southern coastal and mountain culture and sights. A quicker trip would be to go from Ashville to Charleston, SC which has a really great historic district right on the water. I haven't been to Savannah, so I can't compare the two. There are two dishes you will have to make sure you have: some good ol pork BBQ in the mountains and shrimp with grits on the coast.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

For a southern swing that's a really good idea. It's a great way to fit in the best of southern coastal and mountain culture and sights. A quicker trip would be to go from Asheville to Charleston, SC which has a really great historic district right on the water. I haven't been to Savannah, so I can't compare the two. There are two dishes you will have to make sure you have: some good ol pork BBQ in the mountains and shrimp with grits on the coast.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it