• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lark plans to see the US

Lark

On the west coast there's a lot of beautiful attractions. My plan is to go to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon and then take good ole' route 66 (even though now there's another, faster highway) to Big Sur and then work my way through California.

But there's a lot of genuinely beautiful attractions on the west coast if nature if what you're into.

Morning_Glory_Pool_8.jpg

midway_geyser__grand_prismatic__yellowstone_national_park__wyoming_us.jpg

yellowstone-fountain-geyser_2018_600x450.jpg

Heinrich_Berann_NPS_Yellowstone.jpg

If it's city life and luxury you want, I definitely recommend Vegas. You can get lots of hustle, luxury, and REALLY cool shows for cheap there if you plan ahead. (We didn't plan ahead at all and ended up getting discounted tickets to Cirque)

I can't vouch for New York, but I know it's huge and there is lots to do there too. But, since I like nature more than city life, I'll opt for suggesting the West coast.

I definitely plan on visiting Vegas some day, although I know that can be booked as a package deal if you plan ahead, I know two people who've done it before and I've always thought about taking my dad there some day because he likes to play the one armed bandits and I like dice, roulette and most card games were other people are playing rather than trying to beat the house.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you interested more in urban stuff and city tourism or natural sights?

I agree with that intj chick's suggestion. Definitely do east coast or west coast as those have the most famous sights/landmarks. If I were to do east coast, I'd definitely say new york and miami would be at the top of my list. For the west coast you have sooo many options. You can do vegas, san siego, make a foray into mexico maybe tj or something, hit the san diego zoo and sea world (zoo it one of the best in the world), then go up to LA which has LOTS and LOTS but don't forget orange county which has a lot of beautiful beaches on the way up, hit disneyland and the hard rock cafe maybe the laugh factory and santa monica (I run into a lot of UKers there for some reason), then go up the coast and hit solvang, hearst castle, maybe pismo beach, big sur, and lake tahoe, then on to san francisco (skip oakland trust me), do fisherman's wharf etc then yeah I would definitely go to portland, seattle (very lovely city), and vancouver. If you do go to the east coast then hit up montreal

G

Glycerine

Mall of America if you have a layover in Minnesota. Seattle, Washington is pretty cool but it might be too liberal for you.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
unless dying factory towns and lots and lots of corn fields are your thing, I don't particularly recommend my own state as a tourist destination... our biggest virtue as a state is that it's a small one :laugh:

on the other hand, I'd suggest hitting the Blue Ridge Mts around Asheville, NC and then cutting over to Savannah, GA... lovely, lovely, lovely :wubbie:

Beorn

Permabanned
unless dying factory towns and lots and lots of corn fields are your thing, I don't particularly recommend my own state as a tourist destination... our biggest virtue as a state is that it's a small one :laugh:

on the other hand, I'd suggest hitting the Blue Ridge Mts around Asheville, NC and then cutting over to Savannah, GA... lovely, lovely, lovely :wubbie:

For southern swing that's a really good idea. It's a great way to fit in the best of southern coastal and mountain culture and sights. A quicker trip would be to go from Ashville to Charleston, SC which has a really great historic district right on the water. I haven't been to Savannah, so I can't compare the two. There are two dishes you will have to make sure you have: some good ol pork BBQ in the mountains and shrimp with grits on the coast.

Beorn

Permabanned

For a southern swing that's a really good idea. It's a great way to fit in the best of southern coastal and mountain culture and sights. A quicker trip would be to go from Asheville to Charleston, SC which has a really great historic district right on the water. I haven't been to Savannah, so I can't compare the two. There are two dishes you will have to make sure you have: some good ol pork BBQ in the mountains and shrimp with grits on the coast.