User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Not really.

The music I enjoy are usually integrated to something else that I like (e.g. a movie or a video game) so that I'm induced to like the music that comes attached to it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am a casual music person. I am picky about what I listen to, but not because I have a clue about music or have refined tastes or anything. I just like what I like. Mostly, though, I use my iPod for audiobooks and don't listen to music all that often.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISTx

Of utmost importance. It's one of the very few interests which has proven un fleeting.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Probably more listen to it as it comes along. I don't go out of my way, though I can be kinda picky with what I listen to.

Then other times I'm like 'whatever' and I listen to Kesha, Rihanna, and their kind.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Background, or active listening? How much do you engage in it?

When you hear a favorite song, do you feel the need to drop everything and give it your full attention?
    It depends on how critical the activity is, but it's mostly background, I seldom put on a record and just sit back listening to it. The closest to that would be a youtube video/playlist.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP

I spend way too much time looking up music. Pretty devoted. It's hard to imagine life without music. I also take classes for making music at my college, thinking of making it my major.

I'm an electronic music fan, and listen to and follow "hipster" music more than I should. Chillwave, witch house, vaporwave, glo-fi, hypnagogic pop, etc.

I would without a doubt choose to lose my sight over my hearing. It would be very hard to live without music or communication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.

Extremely devoted.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I also test highest on musical intelligence. I played piano and guitar and sang in choirs growing up, used to sing constantly even as a very young child, have spent countless hours listening to music of all kinds all my life -- yes, it's the one thing that remains constant, and I'm not sure how well I'd function without it.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Not in the sense the OP is asking. I don't explore the darkest realms for new musical experiences, I don't go out of my way. But I'm always up for hearing something new.

However, one thing I've never personally liked is the idea of "background music" as being the only use for music. When I "listen to music," it's my main focus, not a background. If I'm doing something that causes the music to slip into the background, I turn it off / change to something different. Still, background music has its place--it's just that using it that way shows, to me, less respect than Active Listening.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    GOO
    Enneagram

My favorite thing to use music for: to see inside others.
    "The unconscious mind should be called the super-conconsious mind."