User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    The short answer is no. I think.

I listen to what fits my mood, when it does, used to build my own library [now but digital clutter in dusty harddrives] but rarely do nowdays, with the advent of free internet radio playlists for all the genres I may like and then some, to automatic mood adjusted ones.

Occasionally I'll pretend to play [keys, guitars], or create something, when the mood strikes/mind finds the room for it, but otherwise that stays on hold.

I've gone to concerts back in the day, involving several hour drives/summer camp-fest, both for the music and the experience.

I'll usually have music playing wherever I am, unless it's not possible or practical, so take from it what you will.
    Background, or active listening? How much do you engage in it?

When you hear a favorite song, do you feel the need to drop everything and give it your full attention?

MBTI
    IsFJ

I think I'm more of a casual listener.

I hope that's not a bad thing...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I think I'm more of a casual listener.

I hope that's not a bad thing...
    No, it's not a bad thing at all. Some people are just like that. Probably most people, actually.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

There is music for casual background listening, and music that demands my undivided attention. I will actually turn off music I enjoy if my attention must be on other things at the moment. I will also unconsciously tune out background music to focus on other things. If something is important to me (and much music falls into this category), I prefer to focus on it without distraction.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

By your definition I'm devoted, but I'm not any more devoted to music than I am to any other experiences in life. I love live music, in fact it's nearly the only way I will listen to metal with the exception of a couple of groups.

Music ends up being nearly like a food to me, something that feels just right when I'm hungry for something in particular. I will go out of my way to try new things, to try to appreciate them just so I can extend my palate and have more choices. I'm afraid that I don't have a very good 'ear' when listening, I rarely listen heavily to words or isolated instruments, more to mood, rhythm and texture.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

That depends on some things which I can't quite explain.

I think I'm pretty devoted. I think quite a few people would have difficulty identifying me without the headphones which I constantly carry, and I listen to music more than I listen to people. However, I've only been to one concert by choice. Not that I wouldn't attend a concert for what I listen to now, I just wouldn't know where to look for one.

Am I devoted? I don't know. I don't really care either. Being called music devoted won't change anything, anyway.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I used to be devoted. I'm not as much now, but I still swoon over music at times. I can really feel it. I've had what I would describe as a religious experience with music, both from listening and from playing. Moments of transcendence, where I lose track of time, and even where I am. It is the best feeling I have ever experienced. I think it's referred to as a 'flow' state. No drug I've tried can touch it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    I used to be devoted. I'm not as much now, but I still swoon over music at times. I can really feel it. I've had what I would describe as a religious experience with music, both from listening and from playing. Moments of transcendence, where I lose track of time, and even where I am. It is the best feeling I have ever experienced. I think it's referred to as a 'flow' state. No drug I've tried can touch it.
    Haha yeah, and next thing you know you're wobbling around, dancing, head bobbing or even head banging and it's not even in any kind of self aware fashion, your body just starts moving itself!

And then I get embarrassed when somebody walks in on me and I can't hear them because of my giant headphones and I'm convulsing like a lunatic.

garbage

Can't say that I am. Must be a "sx" thing

I will obsess over favorite songs, though, putting them on virtually endless repeat.

I'm usually either into hard metal/punk or New Age stuff. I don't get absorbed, but they do set the mood.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Haha yeah, and next thing you know you're wobbling around, dancing, head bobbing or even head banging and it's not even in any kind of self aware fashion, your body just starts moving itself!

And then I get embarrassed when somebody walks in on me and I can't hear them because of my giant headphones and I'm convulsing like a lunatic.
    Yes lol.
    I tend to dance at my desk, eyes closed, arms moving. Good thing for high cubicle walls.