• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Journey (PlayStation 3)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
One of the greatest games I've ever played.
Wow.

Yeah from what I hear and have seen.

I don't have a PS3 but it seems nearly worth having one just for this.

It also seems beautiful and refreshingly artful, unlike any other. I think it would be worthwhile even to non-gamers possibly.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I heard about it from the SpikeTV Video Game Awards...they couldn't stop raving about it.

I'm glad an INFJ chimed in because this game is tailored to your type.
Even the way Fe is incorporated into Journey is genius.

I had a PS3 for years until it broke down two years ago, and finally picked one up on Black Friday.
I wouldn't say it is worth $200 for a console (the game itself is only $15 and 2-3 hours long).

Nevertheless, it is great.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I heard about it from the SpikeTV Video Game Awards...they couldn't stop raving about it.

I'm glad an INFJ chimed in because this game is tailored to your type.
Even the way Fe is incorporated into Journey is genius.

I had a PS3 for years until it broke down two years ago, and finally picked one up on Black Friday.
I wouldn't say it is worth $200 for a console (the game itself is only $15 and 2-3 hours long).

Nevertheless, it is great.

Oh yeah, if I got this I'd definitely make use of other PS3 games once I had it to make it worth the price. But really this is one of the few games that actually makes me consider starting on another console. Most other games really aren't worth that to me but I'd probably play some other ones once I had it.

KDude

I haven't played it (I've played fl0w and flower though.. same company. So I'll get around to it). Some of the best games this console "generation" oddly were the lower budget, downloadable titles. The Walking Dead is probably the best game, period, of last year.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
The Collector's Edition of Journey includes flOw and flower, but I haven't played them yet.
And I will agree that this was a strange year for games.

As for The Walking Dead: That is the next one on my list to purchase.
It walked away with GOTY from the Video Game Awards, which surprised me actually.

I wasn't expecting that at all when I watched it.

KDude

The Collector's Edition of Journey includes flOw and flower, but I haven't played them yet.
And I will agree that this was a strange year for games.

As for The Walking Dead: That is the next one on my list to purchase.
It walked away with GOTY from the Video Game Awards, which surprised me actually.

I wasn't expecting that at all when I watched it.

I wasn't expecting it either.. especially since many zombie games are action based. This is a multi-choice adventure title though.. very old school. I used to love these type of games back in the day. I think it won so many awards because people, contrary to popular [industry] opinion, want stories with more depth like this. PS3 actually has a big budget title similar to it, if you end up liking the Walking Dead. It's called Heavy Rain.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Ugh, such a good game. Great visuals, great soundtrack, fun gameplay, great storytelling, adorable chirping language. <3

My favorite piece (surprise surprise):

So glad I had the chance to play it at my friend's house. Best way to spend an hour and thirty minutes.

Did anyone ever have a really awesome buddy? I went through three my first game, but the last one was by my side and came to help me after I was almost torn to pieces by those robotron thingies. <3

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Ugh, such a good game. Great visuals, great soundtrack, fun gameplay, great storytelling, adorable chirping language. <3

My favorite piece (surprise surprise):

So glad I had the chance to play it at my friend's house. Best way to spend an hour and thirty minutes.

Did anyone ever have a really awesome buddy? I went through three my first game, but the last one was by my side and came to help me after I was almost torn to pieces by those robotron thingies. <3

Man...I wanted to post that video but I didn't have a reason.
What a fantastic finale to a wonderful game.

Also, this is the only video game score to be nominated for a Grammy. Deserving is the word.
The Collector's Edition allows you to rip the soundtrack to your PS3 hard drive. No complaints here.

I went through it with about 5 players. The first stuck by me (and I suspect was a noob too) so we helped each other out. The other one abandoned me. I abandoned the other. With the other we stuck together closely through the blizzard and climb. And at the mountain summit, I surprised the last one by dropping in on him at the very end and he/she got excited. Neither of us completed the "journey" alone. What a fantastic metaphor for life.

All of the people I played with were cool. In fact, one of them even added me to their friend's list on the network.

I enjoy that this isn't a "competitive" game and that you have to work together to complete a common objective using only intuition. The addition of this feature was a sheer stroke of genius and dares to change online gaming for the better.

I wasn't expecting it either.. especially since many zombie games are action based. This is a multi-choice adventure title though.. very old school. I used to love these type of games back in the day. I think it won so many awards because people, contrary to popular [industry] opinion, want stories with more depth like this. PS3 actually has a big budget title similar to it, if you end up liking the Walking Dead. It's called Heavy Rain.

Looking forward to it.
It's good having a PS3 once again.

Their exclusive library rocks.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I also like how once you do everything in the game, you get a white robe with gold trim instead of the red one, and as you complete it more times (such as by helping other people) you get more and more gold added to it.