User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default Shall I play Pokemon again?

    It's hard to decide. Games are just too deep these days. At least the ones that come from across the water are. I have a lot of games that are big on post game content - The World Ends with You, Etrian Odyssey, Disgaea... ok that's three but the stuff in them is time consuming! Well there's also Shiren the Wanderer, and Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja... blah! Too much!

    It makes me feel like I have to play only one game in order to not be consumed by the amount of stuff. I don't know how people do it.

    So Pokemon yes or Pokemon no?

    I still have some Togepi that I want to raise! (and I went through a lot of trouble catching a Ditto JUST to do that since there's only one Togepi in Soul Silver normally)

  2. #2
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Yes

  3. #3
    Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Im playing Call of Cthulhu now. It's pretty well received and can run on older PCs. Deep? Its like running in preditermined Pokemon grass not knowing if RNG will kick you in the ass. No surprises here.

    To add, the game has a lot of schizophrenic overtones (a warning).
    Last edited by Eugene Watson VIII; 12-24-2012 at 02:08 AM.

  4. #4
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Please do! In Pokemon it's really fun to let your imagination run wild. I always like make a little back-story for my character (who I always name Channy) and kind of work in the in-game plot devices into it. And the PC wallpapers I pretend are those little habitats back at the laboratory in your hometown like how it was in the show! Ahh, good times. No jk I still do that hahaha

    Building a team of favorites is also really fun and gets you really emotionally involved in the game. And don't even get me started on the nuzlocke challenge. So many tears... ;_;
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  5. #5
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Please do! In Pokemon it's really fun to let your imagination run wild. I always like make a little back-story for my character (who I always name Channy) and kind of work in the in-game plot devices into it. And the PC wallpapers I pretend are those little habitats back at the laboratory in your hometown like how it was in the show! Ahh, good times. No jk I still do that hahaha

    Building a team of favorites is also really fun and gets you really emotionally involved in the game. And don't even get me started on the nuzlocke challenge. So many tears... ;_;
    Haha yeah I did that kind of stuff too.

    I decided to play again. It's been so long I started the game and couldn't remember what I was doing or why lol.

    I know I still wanted to raise Togepi and I'd managed to get a female in addition to my original male one... that was a pain at 12% chance per egg. So at least I have an actual pair now.

    I also just a bit ago decided to hatch a second Chikorita but it also turned out to be male. Has the same chance being female as Togepi does, as most starters do I think.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I recommend watching Pokemon rather than playing it.

    The games require way too much grinding to level up, and then the battle system is not dynamic. Instead, it is static and turn-based.

    The Pokemon TV show, on the other hand, has many good life lessons to teach, as well as having a good sense of humor and having plenty of action in battle, not to mention deep themes to endure the ages.

    So please don't play Pokemon again, but rather relive your old Pokemon memories by watching the epic TV show.

    By the way, the Pokemon TV show today sucks, so you have to watch the old ones. Order them on Amazon or something, that's what I did.

    Also, there could be some episodes on Youtube, but don't expect them to stay up for long, due to copyright.

  7. #7
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Yes, but use an emulator that allows you to speed up battles.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Eckhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Sure, why not. It is not the most complex game in terms of the battle system but it can be still fun, and sometimes you just want to play some game for nostalgic moments.

  9. #9
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I decided to play again. It's been so long I started the game and couldn't remember what I was doing or why lol.
    Starting a new game can be fun just because you get to experience the adventure all over again, too! I don't mean to go too in-depth with this but I love that feeling when you start a new game and there's just an endless amount of possibilities of how things with play out. And going on adventures with the Pokemon you catch just invests that much more emotion in it. Guhhh, sometimes I wish my Pokemon Ruby team would just hop out of my DS (I transferred to HeartGold) and we'd have all sorts of fun. ;_; Especially since my two favorite Pokemon are on it.

    Also if you're going to watch Pokemon like @RaptorWizard said, Indigo League is the best season! I never really liked Orange Islands because no Brock = no fun.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  10. #10
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Starting a new game can be fun just because you get to experience the adventure all over again, too! I don't mean to go too in-depth with this but I love that feeling when you start a new game and there's just an endless amount of possibilities of how things with play out. And going on adventures with the Pokemon you catch just invests that much more emotion in it. Guhhh, sometimes I wish my Pokemon Ruby team would just hop out of my DS (I transferred to HeartGold) and we'd have all sorts of fun. ;_; Especially since my two favorite Pokemon are on it.

    Also if you're going to watch Pokemon like @RaptorWizard said, Indigo League is the best season! I never really liked Orange Islands because no Brock = no fun.
    I wooooould start over but I actually have a shiny Pichu from 2010 Gamestop wifi gift, and the spiky eared female Pichu you can get at Ilex Forest in HG/SS if you have the aforementioned giveaway Pichu.

Similar Threads

  1. Play It Again
    By five sounds in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 06:11 AM
  2. twitch plays pokemon
    By Nocapszy in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 06:16 PM
  3. [SP] So are you SP's working or are you just playing again?
    By Falcon in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 08:52 PM
  4. Not again...
    By Martoon in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 07:59 PM
  5. Hello again
    By MacGuffin in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO