• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shall I play Pokemon again?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's hard to decide. Games are just too deep these days. At least the ones that come from across the water are. I have a lot of games that are big on post game content - The World Ends with You, Etrian Odyssey, Disgaea... ok that's three but the stuff in them is time consuming! Well there's also Shiren the Wanderer, and Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja... blah! Too much!

It makes me feel like I have to play only one game in order to not be consumed by the amount of stuff. I don't know how people do it.

So Pokemon yes or Pokemon no?

I still have some Togepi that I want to raise! (and I went through a lot of trouble catching a Ditto JUST to do that since there's only one Togepi in Soul Silver normally)

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im playing Call of Cthulhu now. It's pretty well received and can run on older PCs. Deep? Its like running in preditermined Pokemon grass not knowing if RNG will kick you in the ass. No surprises here.

To add, the game has a lot of schizophrenic overtones (a warning).

Last edited:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Please do! In Pokemon it's really fun to let your imagination run wild. :) I always like make a little back-story for my character (who I always name Channy) and kind of work in the in-game plot devices into it. And the PC wallpapers I pretend are those little habitats back at the laboratory in your hometown like how it was in the show! Ahh, good times. No jk I still do that hahaha

Building a team of favorites is also really fun and gets you really emotionally involved in the game. And don't even get me started on the nuzlocke challenge. So many tears... ;_;

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Please do! In Pokemon it's really fun to let your imagination run wild. :) I always like make a little back-story for my character (who I always name Channy) and kind of work in the in-game plot devices into it. And the PC wallpapers I pretend are those little habitats back at the laboratory in your hometown like how it was in the show! Ahh, good times. No jk I still do that hahaha

Building a team of favorites is also really fun and gets you really emotionally involved in the game. And don't even get me started on the nuzlocke challenge. So many tears... ;_;

Haha yeah I did that kind of stuff too.

I decided to play again. It's been so long I started the game and couldn't remember what I was doing or why lol.

I know I still wanted to raise Togepi and I'd managed to get a female in addition to my original male one... that was a pain at 12% chance per egg. So at least I have an actual pair now.

I also just a bit ago decided to hatch a second Chikorita but it also turned out to be male. Has the same chance being female as Togepi does, as most starters do I think.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recommend watching Pokemon rather than playing it.

The games require way too much grinding to level up, and then the battle system is not dynamic. Instead, it is static and turn-based.

The Pokemon TV show, on the other hand, has many good life lessons to teach, as well as having a good sense of humor and having plenty of action in battle, not to mention deep themes to endure the ages.

So please don't play Pokemon again, but rather relive your old Pokemon memories by watching the epic TV show.

By the way, the Pokemon TV show today sucks, so you have to watch the old ones. Order them on Amazon or something, that's what I did.

Also, there could be some episodes on Youtube, but don't expect them to stay up for long, due to copyright.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but use an emulator that allows you to speed up battles.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Sure, why not. It is not the most complex game in terms of the battle system but it can be still fun, and sometimes you just want to play some game for nostalgic moments.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I decided to play again. It's been so long I started the game and couldn't remember what I was doing or why lol.

Starting a new game can be fun just because you get to experience the adventure all over again, too! I don't mean to go too in-depth with this but I love that feeling when you start a new game and there's just an endless amount of possibilities of how things with play out. :wubbie: And going on adventures with the Pokemon you catch just invests that much more emotion in it. Guhhh, sometimes I wish my Pokemon Ruby team would just hop out of my DS (I transferred to HeartGold) and we'd have all sorts of fun. ;_; Especially since my two favorite Pokemon are on it.

Also if you're going to watch Pokemon like [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] said, Indigo League is the best season! I never really liked Orange Islands because no Brock = no fun.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Starting a new game can be fun just because you get to experience the adventure all over again, too! I don't mean to go too in-depth with this but I love that feeling when you start a new game and there's just an endless amount of possibilities of how things with play out. :wubbie: And going on adventures with the Pokemon you catch just invests that much more emotion in it. Guhhh, sometimes I wish my Pokemon Ruby team would just hop out of my DS (I transferred to HeartGold) and we'd have all sorts of fun. ;_; Especially since my two favorite Pokemon are on it.

Also if you're going to watch Pokemon like [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] said, Indigo League is the best season! I never really liked Orange Islands because no Brock = no fun.

I wooooould start over but I actually have a shiny Pichu from 2010 Gamestop wifi gift, and the spiky eared female Pichu you can get at Ilex Forest in HG/SS if you have the aforementioned giveaway Pichu. :shrug: